Meetings with the MDWFP

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
PWS
Veteran

Re: Meetings with the MDWFP

Postby PWS » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:08 am

I sat there last night and listened and talked till I was blue in the face. But the one issue that concerns me is why is it so important to the MDWFP that they implement this new draw system? I never felt like I got a complete answer. It felt like to me that they are so dead set on getting this thing in place that they are willing to sacrifice utilization just to have it in place.

2ND I know Dr. Poles runs the MDWFP but who sits on the Commission? And what elected officials have influence on the MDWFP?
ScottBrown
Veteran

Postby ScottBrown » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:44 am

Yeah PWS your right.

They kept repeating they want the percentage of draw hunts used to increase. They never would explain why it is more important for a unit to be filled by a draw hunter than a stand by hunter.
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:03 pm

THey want to model the MS system like the screwed up system up in MO!!!!

That is exacly why.

Less work!!!!!!!!!!!!

Officers dont have to do anything when the names and addresses of everyone hunting is in the book and you have to check in and check out of a place! Hell they just sit in the heat and wait on the violations to come to them.

These guys think that system is so great because they got spoonfed by the MO crew. They dont have a clue about what the common man has to go through to hunt in a system like MO. All they see is organization and rules thinking this is the best thing ever. While the hunter is seeing roadblocks and the long early drive home because he didnt get to hunt!!!!!!! They have these nifty little computer programs to tell them about man hours hunting and we dont give a crap about anything but getting to hunt and having a decent place to go.

Gator said it years ago when the Mahanna fiasco was just starting and he was right on the money!!!!!! The commision will not be happy unitll the whole system reads just like the MO rulebook.
Hell man, they are making little changes every year to mirror what happened up there. Go up to MO and talk to the duck hunters. The only people that like that system are the lawmen and the topwater kneebooter kuzoo blowin once a year hunters that need everything laid out for them to be able to hunt a freakin duck. You talk to the guys like us that hunt 21-60 days of the season and you will not find ONE that can stand MDC!!!!!!!!!!I promise you that. These kings will not be happy until that happens, find a way to get rid of these guys or its OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not trying to insult any of the guys like Scott or Rob but dam this is just how it is.

So to answer your question, your not going to get an answer to that. Because if they told you the truth they would have a revolt on their hands, they know that, so the little changes year by year are what they are going to do. Within the next 5 you will not be able to hunt any MS WMA without having to go through the draw BS. Its coming the end is here. The sport has reverted back to a rich mans sport and if you dont have private duck ground you may as well go hunt a woods goat.
Last edited by LODI QUACKER on Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
msbigdawg1234
Duck South Addict

Postby msbigdawg1234 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:08 pm

Thats the never ending ? that made no sense....use is use no matter how ya look at it....even though they said its not the money thats the only difference in the two...thats why I said charge every single person there $5 not just main person in the group do away with the pre draw and do standby only (for waterfowl)...problem solved...jmo
My name is Rick Daughtry.......

Well, I had a lot of money, but to the city went
I met too many good looking girls and that's where my money went
Yeah I know just where it went
No I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:11 pm

LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:29 pm

why can we seem to get any regular folk on the commision or in a position of influence?

What in the hell does someone that ownes 10000 acres of cotton ground or sombody that ownes half a dozen banks know about what is best for the sportsmen and the public lands on MS? Makes me sick not only do they not know but they dont give a chit!
Last edited by LODI QUACKER on Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:53 pm

I once read somewhere that the Busch family had a big influence on the MO draw system. I wouldn't be surprised if outside influences like that were pushing for restrictions in MS. Not to mention it is well documented in the psychology field that it is human nature for us to crave importance and power. Control is one way to achieve that.

Oh well I've been called a cry baby before for being anti draw. Pass the tit.

BTW they read all of these forums.

I have a letter I am sending to the paper Monday to advertise the meeting. Due to an overzealous anti white professor who won't let me make up the test we have that night, I cannot make it. It makes me sick but it is what it is. I hope we can get a good turnout and get the word out.
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
Jumpem
Regular

Postby Jumpem » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:58 pm

wellgood
Regular

Postby wellgood » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:38 pm

It all sucks!!! I am done with it till it changes. Yall have fun up there. Hope yall can get on some somewhere.
PWS
Veteran

Postby PWS » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:20 am

Thanks deltaduckman for the link I was not sure who they were and how they were appointed. The way they were talking the other night about people needing a guaranteed place to hunt, and about using computer programs that made it fair for everyone by penalizing the guy that’s been drawn more than once. Well I was a little surprised to see who they were I was thinking it was headed by Keith Stokes and ran by the Jackson City Counsel. You know make sure you take care of the guy that inputs nothing into the sport but a 1 time a year draw hunt and stomp on the hand that takes care of you and out there promoting the sport. Its Government run Health Care MS Waterfowl style.
DuckBoat
Veteran

Postby DuckBoat » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:48 pm

It is not just $5 either, it is $5 for every WMA and I thought I read if you applied for all the draws in one WMA it would be $25 for that WMA.

IF the real reason is people not showing up for thier draws they should punish those people by charging them $100 or more for not showing, instead of milking everyone.

Wingman, you seem like you are a sensible guy, can you talk some sense into these people making these changes?
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:37 pm

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
coonman
Veteran

Postby coonman » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:52 am

Who ever said winning isn't everything has never really won.
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:27 am

It is really Simple ! ! Any time that an organization makes something more expensive and/or more complicated to use, they have phooked up. They will always claim that it is better and then regurgitate a plethora of meaningless data trying to prop up the dumb idea.

Draws don't show up: So what? If I were drawn for a hunt but the weather was 75 degrees AND raining I wouldn't show up either. Whether I had paid nothing, $5.00 or$100.00. Folks miss appointments with their cardiologist, oncologists etc., so no surprise the duck draw crowd may be thin. The hunt should be for those that show up, no pre-draw needed.

Yeah also, (rant on) I consult the weather & river levels to duck hunt. At times a "Magic 8 Ball" or Ouija Board is just as good but I digress. Being able to hunt tomorrow is important to me. Planning a hunt is not a shuttle liftoff of estimated windows of opportunity and time tables. I wouldn't know which day to draw for, nor would spending $5.00 make it easier to decide. Being drawn and knowing exactly what day the gubment will allow me to stand in the pond is not an overwhelming incentive to participate and get a "man day". ("Man day" is a department way of estimating usage).

Every time this subject pops up I get more and more pizzed. I can't even type it all. Preaching to the choir here.

DUMB & DUMBER!!!

Memo to self: Need dedicated river boat and more super mag weighted decoys. No need for WMA permit anymore. Arkansas hunting license and I'm done.
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:46 am

If anyone thinks it can be said any better than that I'd like to hear it.
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/

Return to “General Discussion Forum”