Meetings with the MDWFP

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
CBrown
Veteran

Re: Meetings with the MDWFP

Postby CBrown » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:07 am

PWS and I will be leaving from Camp Shelby and driving over to make the meeting on the 8th, that is a 3 hour drive for us. Not bragging on us but if you are able please try to attend these meetings and let your voices be heard.
ScottBrown
Veteran

Postby ScottBrown » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:53 am

How did the meeting go last night fellas? What kind of info did they share with yall?
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:45 am

Bump for the Vicksburg crowd
Peewee
Bonecollecter1111
Duck South Addict

Postby Bonecollecter1111 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:55 pm

whats the word so far guys?? my personal days got canceled due to probs at work so i can't make the meetings. letters have been sent, and prayers for those of you who can make it to the meetings.
Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy. -Isaac Newton

The problem with communication is the illusion that it actually happened!
msbigdawg1234
Duck South Addict

Postby msbigdawg1234 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:05 pm

Vicksburg meeting is tonight
My name is Rick Daughtry.......

Well, I had a lot of money, but to the city went
I met too many good looking girls and that's where my money went
Yeah I know just where it went
No I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.
kb7722
Veteran

Postby kb7722 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:53 pm

I will be there tonight regardless of the fact that the NFL season opener of the SAINTS vs PACKERS will be tonight. What's a good sports bar in Vburg?
woody
Veteran

Postby woody » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:18 pm

Still not sure why MSWFP is not holding a meeting in Jackson...I understand that there are hunters across the state that will attend the various meetings in the cities near them. By my earlier post I was not suggesting that there be one meeting in Jackson. I was simply asking: Since MMDWFP's headquarters is in Jackson, why are they not holding a meeting there? Seems like adding one more meeting (Jackson) to the schedule, especially since there would be no travel expense for the Dept., would be logical. Anybody?
SB
Duck South Addict

Postby SB » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:28 pm

woody,

We are making an effort to go to the sportsmen instead of making them come to us. We've have had meetings in the past at the Jackson office (JO) and in my opinion, it seems like the public's interest has fallen off from going to the JO. We know every meeting location is not convenient for everyone.

I attended the meeting last night at the Enid fish hatchery. It went real well. I enjoyed the open conversation among attendees after the MDWFP's presentations the best. Very educational to both sides.

I thought I would see Don Miller there but did not. Some of his hunting buddies where there though.

Best regards,
Scott Baker
CBrown
Veteran

Postby CBrown » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:55 am

We had 28 people at the meeting last night, I would say all but 3 or 4 were duck hunters. It is a done deal for this year but that does not mean it can't be changed in the future. I really appreciate the guys from the Department who came out to talk with us, seems to me like they are the ones who really care but have to go out and catch all the flak from decisions made over their heads. My hats off to them, but at the same time the hunters had alot of good questions and comments about the decisions being made that they could not give a justifiable answer. Again I think it is because these decisions are made at the top levels by those totally seperated from reality. Just my .02 cents worth, overall a very informative meeting.
msbigdawg1234
Duck South Addict

Postby msbigdawg1234 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:30 am

+1 on the meeting last night..there were some questions answered and some left to ponder..all in all it was good to meet with the guys..I think they listened to what we have to say and took lots of notes that i feel will be delivered to the suits that are making these decissions...The major problem i have with the whole thing is that it was shoved down out throats ..should have had this meeting three months ago when they were thinking of changes...like someone stated last night it was not a meeting but a hearing....time will tell

woody
Veteran

Postby woody » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:59 am

Thanks Scott, I understand. I wish I could have made it to one of the meetings, but my work schedule is anything but routine and being able to drive an hour or so for a meeting during the week just isn't in the cards for me.
msbigdawg1234
Duck South Addict

Postby msbigdawg1234 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:15 am

Just depends if an Hr drive is worth it to you ...we had folks there last night that drove 3-4 hrs...meeting was not till 7 and if you were little late did not matter....

rbsdrake
Duck South Sponsor

Postby rbsdrake » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:02 am

I just wanted to say thanks to the guys who spoke up and voiced their opinions. Rick has em going from the word go. There were some good questions that had em scratching their head. I hunted mahannah since before it was a draw but since it has gone to a draw the only way I have been able to hunt it is by stand by because I haven't been drawn yet. To Rick, Quinn and everyone else I see there every week I guess I'll see Yall on the river or down the road. Anybody got a boat for sale
msbigdawg1234
Duck South Addict

Postby msbigdawg1234 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:28 am

Aint got one for sale but damn sure gona get that big barge ready for the river ifn the water is right ifn this all does not plan out for some hunts avail...you can come hunt with me in the river when i go ifn i have too....just hate having to chase em on the river ...aint young and as mad at em as i used to be....lol

deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:32 am

Rick.....exnay-ondarivaay

Return to “General Discussion Forum”