Things to do in Picayune

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
H20fowlkiller
Duck South Addict

Things to do in Picayune

Postby H20fowlkiller » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:04 pm

I just took a job in picayune working 4 10's but will probably be over there alot of weekends also, so what is there to do or eat over there?
iron grip
Duck South Addict

Re: Things to do in Picayune

Postby iron grip » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:58 pm

Go to New Orleans. At least Slidell :wink:
At times there is not a satisfactory substitute for well-aimed lead going down range at high velocity.
-Jim Rawles

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us!
medic11
Veteran

Postby medic11 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:02 pm

Absolutely nothing, we just moved north of picayune a few months ago and I can tell you there is not a dang thing to do.
Freedom Hunters
http://www.freedomhunters.org

Maple Ridge's Flyboy Buzz Lightyear "Buzz"

War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.
edub20
Duck South Addict

Postby edub20 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:09 pm

I was born there. Got the L out once released from the hospital. :D
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
coonman
Veteran

Postby coonman » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:35 pm

Frost top roast beef po boy, Betty K's chili bun, Don's seafood po boys, Kelli's po boy, and cuevas fish house are my favorites. I try to eat at least one of these places everytime I go home. As far as stuff to do. Pretty much the Pearl, Jordan or Old river and the marsh is where I pretty much stayed. I never really cared about doing much else we were pretty much on the river or in the marsh every weekend.
Who ever said winning isn't everything has never really won.
Blackduck
Duck South Addict

Postby Blackduck » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:48 pm

My dad's family was from Carriere. Actually a little hamlet down on 43 called henleyfield. Aint much of crap going on. I'd finds some land and shoot some guns. Also the Pearl river swamp has some good fishing and access but with the recent release of black liquor I don't know how many fish are around. Lots of tung oil trees, chiggers, meth heads, pines, catfish, and dewberries. Pretty part of the state just not much there.
No, i don't want to know you ---- teul

deltadog
Veteran

Postby deltadog » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:47 pm

Sleep
DuckBoat
Veteran

Postby DuckBoat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:41 pm

Where did you take a job at?

To add to what the others said,there are some decent cafes on hwy 11 in town. There is a bowling alley and movie theatre and that is it.
Riding 4 wheelers or playing on the creeks and rivers is what most people do
JMitch
Veteran

Postby JMitch » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:30 pm

Move off. Or what coonman said we used to have a big time down there
"If its not loaded, its just an expensive stick."
msudog4

Postby msudog4 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:45 pm

Great Juco Football games at PRCC in Poplarville. They one a National Title a few years ago. Not a far ride to the coast from there either. we just moved from there two months ago. We lived in Poplarville for 12 years. Lots of good people. Had some awsome dove hunts over the years. Shot a few woodies early in the morning too. If you need to buy I house I still have one for sale in Poplarville. Comes with a private 20 acre lake full of big Bass. Great place for kids. You may want to make a trip over to Bogelusa and eat at Maria's Mexican Restaurant. It is the best Mexican I have ever had. Don's seafood is really good and bargain priced for the seafood basket at lunch time in Picayune. They usually have some great Highschool football in Picayune also. :D
driveby
Duck South Addict

Postby driveby » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:44 am

Do no, I repeat, DO NOT drink the tap water. There's something in it for sure. True story.....Some buddies and I stopped at the Waffle House there on the way to an ASA archery tournament in LA. Our waitress had this baseball size growth on her forearm we named "The Lump". This thing was huge and ugly. Well, my friend Rodney and I were on one side of the booth and our friend Shaw was on the other. She slid in the booth right up against Shaw to take the orders and threw that right arm right up on the table to write. Rod and I about lost it while Shaw just looked on in horror. After she left Shaw swore "The Lump" looked at him while she took the order. That's not all though. Upon looking around we noticed that the other waitresses had a lump or a scar where a lump had been removed. I'm not making this up. There has to be a nuclear plant or biohazard dump around there somewhere. During the tournament we would mess with each other if we were close enough by saying, "Aim for the lump". It was enough to break focus and cause a bad shot. :mrgreen:
http://www.dixielandcalls.com
http://www.sdb.alducks.com
http://www.SouthernDuckBoats.com

"Are you sure you're Albanian? You don't look full blooded" - Don Miller
H20fowlkiller
Duck South Addict

Postby H20fowlkiller » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:07 am

thanks for the info guys hopefully ill be able to slide to the bay and fish or ill have my wife and kid and we can go to slidell or new orleans when im not on call

Return to “General Discussion Forum”