Olts

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
rbsdrake
Duck South Sponsor

Re: Olts

Postby rbsdrake » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:26 pm

Just let me know tj
H20 Fowl
Duck South Addict

Postby H20 Fowl » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:30 pm

Square me in!
rbsdrake
Duck South Sponsor

Postby rbsdrake » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:34 pm

Yall can call the woods just let me know ahead of time
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:32 pm

Say when ........ :mrgreen:
Trip
Duck South Addict

Postby Trip » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:00 pm

Sounds like fun. I got room for three more folks in my ride!
Josh Lantrip
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:36 pm

Sounds to me like the challenge has been issued, the gauntlet has been thrown, the showdown is set, the line has been crossed, the first shot has been fired, the bitch has been slapped, etc,etc,etc.
Ya'll need to film this proposed peter thumpin. :D
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
rbsdrake
Duck South Sponsor

Postby rbsdrake » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:54 pm

crackhead
Duck South Addict

Postby crackhead » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:00 pm

I'm down!! Don't take this the wrong but I'm here to tell you two groups outa my old club I was in around bayou meto handed my booty to me on a silver platter!! We hunted two hundred acres of timber three hole rotation. So every three days you had the first pick. My group would hang in the 20's on mallards. Theirs upper 30's mid to upper 40's. I could not figure out why. I mean I had been killing ducks since I was five. And doing it in the woods to boot. Finally walked over to the main guy of the second group and said. What's the deal, I can't break 20 and y'all are killing 10 plus limits a day? He looked at the and said. "we blow olts. Most of the big groups we are shooting into we break em high! Your working tree top ducks only". Well kiss my tail and call me Fred cause I had no clue what he was talking ab! Started asking a few friends I made in the club to help me learn how to blow a cut and cut one. And as they say..the rest is history!! Ill warn you those calls are magic!! Any call that was invented in 1904 and is still being talked about 107 years later has earned it's right to stand above the rookies of today calls! I mean will echo or rnt still be marveled at in 2070 or 2080?? My guess not!

To P.S. Olt thank you sir! Your calls have helped us duck hunters make memories no other call maker can lay claim to!! I'll be put in the ground with my D2.
When it come's to duck calling and duck killing its the indian not the arrow!
rbsdrake
Duck South Sponsor

Postby rbsdrake » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:20 pm

Well when it gets closer we can schedule time and place. I want to see it with my own eyes.
H20 Fowl
Duck South Addict

Postby H20 Fowl » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:17 am

Crackhead, you nailed it. Flight ducks is what the olt is all about. Since I started using the olt, I've killed ducks that I would have never even blown at without it.
champcaller
Duck South Addict

Postby champcaller » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:16 am

Flight ducks can be killed if you know how to use it.

It's also used for buidling those monster groups and essentially steering them into the hole.

A lot of people i see seem to think you can keep barking at them and they will hit the water, but that's just not so.

Most of the big bunches start as groups of ten or less, but they keep building and building. If you keep jerking them back and forth it makes it really hard for them to set up.

Also, people calling on top of each other is a big reason it doesnt "work" for everybody..... The ducks hear a jumbled mess when the sound gets there.

Finally, the bigger the group the farther they need to sail with the wind before you jerk em back. I hunt with a lot of people who hit them to quick and lose the group soon after. After you get the group working like you want......... Let them go. After which seems like an eternity, hit em with everything you got and watch em draw up and fall in the whole.
Achilles' Man in Black - CashMH

www.frontlinewaterfowl.com
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:21 am

this sounds like a good idea. A cutdown shutdown showdown. I'm warning yall "regular" callers just as I was warned...once you go black, you'll never go back!
gator
Duck South Sponsor

Postby gator » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:56 am

ty convinced me with a back and forth like this about 2 yrs ago....i've been loosely looking for one ever since, but never do pull the trigger b/c i don't know what i'm buying or looking at.

it's my understanding that the calls out there for sale can be as messed up as a soup sandwich OR be laced w/ magic from the breath of dragons......i'd pay it if i knew i was getting some dragon breath, but i ain't a big fan of soup sandwiches.

gator
HRCH Eight Gauge - Gauge (see you on the bridge buddy)
HRCH Eight Gauge's Mountain Man - Trapper
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Postby GulfCoast » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:58 am

Justin: I have 4 uncut Olt Keyholes. If'n YOU want one, let me know. I did not pay retail. Folks here were kind enough to pay it forward to me, and I am glad to do the same. You will need new corks/reeds.
Mark
So many ducks, so little time....

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH (2005-2017)
HRCH Tipsy MH
Zsa-Zsa Puppy
pintail07
Veteran

Postby pintail07 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:26 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”