I can now say that I have seen....

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

I can now say that I have seen....

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:42 am

....the absolute WORST television show ever put on an outdoor channel. The program I am referring to was happened upon completely by accident over the weekend. And I must say that it makes the "Flyway Highway" boys look like Emmy winning television producers. Is this unfortunate program some sort of infomercial/reality wannabe? Nooooo. Is it some sort of annimated docudrama? No. THAT would be interesting.

No, this waste of television airtime is called "Razor Dobbs Alive". And this weeks episode was about his addiction to the cell phone. What the ever-lovin' %@$& is THIS crap!?!? And why did I NOT have enough bourbon on hand?!?!

Rant over. :evil:
Nobody owes you anything.
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Re: I can now say that I have seen....

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:20 am

To state the exact opposite I watched a show yesterday that made me a fan.

It is called Backland Experiences, I think. Now I have never watched it before so this may have been the exception rather than the rule, but the host and hunter's name was Scott Anderson.

He killed a huge buck in Canada; he said it was his biggest ever. But what happened next was when it got good. Instead of sliding in for home base and grasping the horns like an Ethiopian at a bread giveaway, he stood over the animal for a minute and admired it. Then he knelt down and said some things about the animal and its beauty. He took out some thyme herb and had a small, humble ritual celebrating the animal. Nothing flashy, nothing generic, just respectful of the animal he had taken. He said something about the Creator putting these animals here for us to kill and eat, and talked about the pride and sorrow he as a hunter had for the animal he had killed. I was truly floored to see this. No pitching adds for sponsors, no horn sex, just respect and absolute reverence for the ENTIRE animal he had killed.

If we had more hunting shows like this the general public would be much more understanding of what most hunters feel after a kill. They would have a better understanding of our mindset when we take any animal but especially a trophy animal.
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

Postby jdbuckshot » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:26 am

There is no way it can be worse than Wildgame Nation.
"The rich ..... who are content to buy what they have not the desire to get by their own exertions, These are the real enemies of Game."
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:38 am

You are right. "Backland Experience" IS a good representation of what our heritage is about. And if "Wildgame Nation" is worse that "Alive", then I am speachless.
Nobody owes you anything.
duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:44 am

Support the Fair Tax!

"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
pintail07
Veteran

Postby pintail07 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:08 pm

Anybody seen the show Fowl Life? I heard about a guy getting spray tanned on duck hunting show and about lost my cool...I have no expericene with this show....but I have seen the 'clothing' line.....gay as could be....anybody confirm if this show is quire duck hunters?
Sorry about the off topic rant but that $#!+ is embarassing to any hunter
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:16 pm

duramax
Duck South Addict

Postby duramax » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:24 pm

Support the Fair Tax!

"I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
pintail07
Veteran

Postby pintail07 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:14 pm

ScottyLee- Thanks for clearing that up....nobody I hunt with knows what a spray tan is....I guess things are just different over there....the closest spray tan to my duck hole must be Little Rock....I'm sure that goes for a lot of other folks on here too

Duramax and others- Have you seen this douches jewelry line? A choker necklace? If anybody is wondering some of the jewelry is unisex and adjustable
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:21 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”