Kiva Dunes

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Ryano
Veteran

Kiva Dunes

Postby Ryano » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:24 pm

Going to be in Fort Morgan in a week and was wondering if anyone has played Kiva Dunes recently? What kind of shape is it in?
woundedduck
Duck South Addict

Re: Kiva Dunes

Postby woundedduck » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:40 pm

It is a great course. That, and the Peninsula. Haven't played either in a couple of years, but they are both very good courses.
Blackduck
Duck South Addict

Postby Blackduck » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:14 pm

Played em both last week. I have to give the nod to peninsula. Both are in great shape but I like the terrain and layout of pennisula better. Kiva's greens were good but they ate my lunch. Hard to judge speed and break. Peninsula was a more standard green and I when I missed (often :) ) I wasn't surprised. You could tell what the green wanted to do but wether you could put it or not was up to you
No, i don't want to know you ---- teul

Long Cut
Veteran

Postby Long Cut » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:58 pm

I stayed in a house at kiva dunes the last week of june/first few days of july. Our Pool and porches over overlooked the tee box on #13. From our 3rd story balcony I could see all of 12 and 13. For some reason there were not many people playing that course. I hung out at the house/pool 99% of the time and just didn't see much action there. The course and greens looked to be in pretty good shape. I dont know why but must have been a reason why it was dead out there during prime season.
Ryano
Veteran

Postby Ryano » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:59 pm

Thanks guys. Played kiva dunes years ago when I worked at Lost Key(ball) as we called it. Just wondering if it had changed for the better or worse. Played the Peninsula last year and was thinking about something different this year. Do like peninsula layout better though.
olemissduckhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby olemissduckhunter » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:39 pm

Played Kiva a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. Greens were a little hairy for my liking, but its tough to keep a course that sees that much action in spectacular shape. Had a really good time think I ended up shooting somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-10 over....
Pete Hotard

"T.J, Do you enjoy your manhood being called into question every five minutes?" -Teul2
duckkiller
Duck South Addict

Postby duckkiller » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:44 am

Craft Farms and Peninsula are the better two in that general area
Life is to short to only fish on weekends

Return to “General Discussion Forum”