SO SICK OF

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
ACEINTHEHOLE
Duck South Addict

SO SICK OF

Postby ACEINTHEHOLE » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:24 pm

People wanting freakin handouts!!!! It is a constant flow through our church. These people have no freakin jobs and arent out lookin for them either. Its much easier to just work the system. I work a full time job and have two side jobs that keep me working 7 days a week this time of year. Wish I could just go ahead and tell them all that instead of ranting about it on here. I will try to breath again now.
Casie Page

lipsplitter39654 wrote:
... an old man with a gun will kill you if you mess with him ...
bigbeeducker
Veteran

Re: SO SICK OF

Postby bigbeeducker » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:32 pm

I must have missed the part about why you can't tell em. Doubt the cycle will ever stop until someone does. You can do it in a constructive manner.
"We did every possible sexual position without intercourse imaginable. Doggie style was kinda difficult though. Just wasnt worth the trip to the store for rubbers, just for three minutes." Jim Brister, the craziest sumbitch alive.
davidees
Duck South Addict

Postby davidees » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:42 pm

Uh, you got a few dollas I can borrow?
Blake Williamson
Duck South Addict
Location: Probably on the Pearl River setting at the cabin with a beer in hand with Ol'Jake beside me.

Postby Blake Williamson » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:47 pm

Tell here...Here is a trash bag a nail and a stick there is all kinds of money to be made out picking up cans off the road......
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
4dawgma
Duck South Addict

Postby 4dawgma » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:51 pm

Where'd who go?
rustypjr
Duck South Addict

Postby rustypjr » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:45 pm

I am with ya Casie.
Rusty Parsons
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:59 pm

so why can't you tell them? You can't tell them, but you can come tell us? What is stopping you from telling this person something?

That seems like another big problem in our society. People don't want to tell something to another person, so they go about telling it to other people.
"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltaquack » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:13 pm

As a society we teach everyone to do that. If handouts are available.....most people are going to take them because they are lazy. If you grown up in that atmosphere you are going to live your life the same way you saw your parents. Every now and then you'll see someone smart enought to know that they want change.

Yesterday, American Red Cross showed up in Rosedale with two 53' semi trailers. They were full of mops, brooms, gloves, bleach, masks, rags, etc......basically anything for flood cleanup. They didn't announce it and never asked a single person if they were a flood victim. It was all gone in a little over 2 hours. People actually had the courage to fuss at the workers because they weren't also giving away light bulbs. It actually makes me more mad at the Red Cross than the people. If you allow something.....people are always going to stretch it to the limits. We as a society must set rules and stay within those rules and throw political correctness out the window. Didn't see that when you could meet in the street at high noon with a Colt on your side.
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:20 pm

"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
JDgator
Duck South Addict

Postby JDgator » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:24 pm

Tell them that there is no cash and the pastor isn't in and that he is the only one who can cut a check. It works for me most of the time because they don't know who the pastor is and they believe the line about money. Offer to pray with them but they usually walk right out (past the church administrator; the only one with the check book). If the family actually attends our church, pastor don't wait for them to come ask he usually goes to them to offer help.
Deltaquack
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltaquack » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:35 pm

ACEINTHEHOLE
Duck South Addict

Postby ACEINTHEHOLE » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:39 pm

We have actually cut back benevolence to church members only, but it still doesnt stop them from coming in to ask for it. As far as why I dont just tell them working in a church is a bit different than working at a normal buisness.
Casie Page

lipsplitter39654 wrote:
... an old man with a gun will kill you if you mess with him ...
dukmisr2005
Duck South Addict

Postby dukmisr2005 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:42 pm

i agree there is too much give outs to the hand that are out.

i learned how to work for something i wanted at the age of 8 when i wanted a four-wheeler. my dad signed the note and i paid him each week for it. he told to pay up in advance cause when school started or things were slow on farm i still had to make that monthly note to him, even if i wasn't working.

last time one asked me for some money, i told him my truck needed washing and he could wash it for $10 he wanted. i would stand there while he did it and feed the machine while he did the work. he said he couldn't get wet. told him sorry that i didn't give money away i worked hard for. he laughed and mumble something i am glad i didn't understand.
~ Ric M.
Dulaney Seed Inc./AgVenture
877-974-7333

-- Its not the man but the message that keeps on going!! --
-- There is everywhere, but not everywhere is there...
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:50 pm

I had a cub come up to my girlfriend's car while we were pumping gas. Immediately, I knew what he wanted. He leaned on my girlfriends Mercedes and said, "Heh main lemme get sitty cents." I said, "I tell you what, I'll see what I can do, but first things first- you're gonna quit leaning on that car like you own it." "My bed my bed"

I got in the car and he gets all up in the window and says, "Shii main just go on head and gibbee a dolla." At first I said what the hell, it's 60 cents, seems like a legitimate request. Well once he leaned in the window and demanded a dollar I told him I was fresh out no money here, sorry man. I thought he was going to cry. Sorry booty folks like that deserve nothing more than to be slapped, open handed, in front of a crowd. Slapped down to the ground.
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:58 pm

I guess that's why my Father-In-Law ain't too upset about my puny little paychecks. He knows what money I earn at my 2 jobs go to taking care of his baby girl. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Nobody owes you anything.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”