Missing Angler... He didn't know he was lost!

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Re: Missing Angler... He didn't know he was lost!

Postby deltadukman » Fri May 27, 2011 7:42 am

Crackapayowwww! Thats shucking the corn :D
Trip
Duck South Addict

Postby Trip » Fri May 27, 2011 7:55 am

Josh Lantrip
dukhntn
Duck South Addict

Postby dukhntn » Fri May 27, 2011 7:58 am

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -George Bernard Shaw
fireplug
Duck South Addict

Postby fireplug » Fri May 27, 2011 8:10 am

quote]I'm going to go ahead and ask the one question that everyone wants to know, but no one has asked....

Did he catch anything?[/quote]

:lol: :lol: I think he had a few small ones. He wasn't holding his mouth right or spitting on his bait. :lol:
How do you like your Hope and Change?
greenheadgrimreaper
Duck South Addict

Postby greenheadgrimreaper » Fri May 27, 2011 8:38 am

It looks to me that the article made it pretty clear that folks knew where he was. If I'm going out and I do forget to leave my phone in the truck it is getting cut off. And to be sure, there is no way in hell I am leaving information on my dash for all to see where I am at, what I am doing and when I will be back. Thieves are already bad enough at boat ramps the last thing they need is a detailed description of the best odds on when they can jack my belongings. It sounds to me it is a case of that Montgomery
Gentry song, you do your thing I'll do mine. He is a grown man if he wants to go cat fishing alone at night and not take a phone it is his prerogative.
"The middle of the road is where the white line is -- and that's the worst place to drive." Robert Frost

http://www.pintailduckboats.com/
driveby
Duck South Addict

Postby driveby » Fri May 27, 2011 8:47 am

I think there is some sound advice here. The next time you guys go out before daylight to get to your duck hole, be sure to leave detailed directions to where you're going on your dash so folks can come looking for you. :wink: :lol:
http://www.dixielandcalls.com
http://www.sdb.alducks.com
http://www.SouthernDuckBoats.com

"Are you sure you're Albanian? You don't look full blooded" - Don Miller
Blake Williamson
Duck South Addict
Location: Probably on the Pearl River setting at the cabin with a beer in hand with Ol'Jake beside me.

Postby Blake Williamson » Fri May 27, 2011 9:21 am

Hey just so that everyone knows if someone cant find me here is a good starting place to start looking.

http://maps.google.com/
Marsh Mutt Pro-Staff
tica-tica
Veteran

Postby tica-tica » Fri May 27, 2011 9:28 am

My daddy always said.....

"Son, some folks are so dumb, hell they don't even suspect nothing."
rustypjr
Duck South Addict

Postby rustypjr » Fri May 27, 2011 9:52 am

I love how people have no business interfering are the exact ones that interfere. The person that called really had no business calling. I for one don't leave info on my dash but a buddy always know where I am at. (it would do no good for me to tell my wife)
Rusty Parsons
bigoak
Duck South Addict

Postby bigoak » Fri May 27, 2011 10:54 am

I would never leave a note in my truck telling where I am at and when I will return. His wife and brother and father knew where he was and were not worried about him. Who else needs to know? Sounds like his brother and father could have found him if they needed to.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Fri May 27, 2011 10:57 am

I said if you don't want to leave exact directions, then leave a contact person. The guy must not have carred to much about his posessions because the sheriff got in the truck so he must have left it unlocked. He may have popped the lock to get in. Either way the contact info would have been found. The info can be left turned upside down on the dash where it can't be seen. It's his life. He can live it on the edge as much as he wants. Me. I've got a family to think about and care to much about them to take those kinds of stupid risk.

Sounds to me like the news got his response pretty accurate and it is now damage control. If the news got it wrong then I suggest your brother write a letter to that news agency to correct the news article. The reporter used direct quotes from your brother. If the reporter made this up then it is grounds for him to lose his job.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Fri May 27, 2011 11:06 am

Sounds to me like some knee bootin city folk dont know what goes on in the country and that people stay out on the water after dark...especially this time of year...and created a scene. I heard the same thing this year about a couple of boys deer or turkey hunting(cant remember) and someone called the sheriff bc there was a truck parked in the woods after dark. They were looking for a deer.
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Fri May 27, 2011 11:08 am

What a crock!!!

Dude was fishing!

His wife knew where he was, it is not anyone elses freaking business.

Barney needed a reason to run the boat and get away from the desk or donut shop!

I am not going to personalize this to any one poster, But my gawd yall sound like a bunch of overprotective 85 year old city women having tea and gossip party.

City folk, is what comes to mind, in the Army I got to see plenty of em, turn them out in the woods in the dark with a compass and a map and you might as well put them on the freaking moon.

This was not out of dudes pattern, he was not overdue, there had been no call from help from the guy who supposedly needed help.

WILD GOOSE CHASE TO KILL TIME!!!!!!!!!! either that or the ever so present overzealous barney!!!!!!!

LODI. OUT!
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Fri May 27, 2011 11:42 am

Where's the rocking chair? :roll: :roll: The argument is not with me but the reporter for making him look that way. If the reporter made it all up. I would be demanding a retraction. Next time I'm sure the authorities will take into consideration his extensive survival and rescue skills before they go off looking for him again.
Last edited by Seymore on Fri May 27, 2011 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
fieldt76
Veteran

Postby fieldt76 » Fri May 27, 2011 11:44 am

Return to “General Discussion Forum”