Question for the Game Warden/MSDWFP

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Beaverslayer
Regular

Question for the Game Warden/MSDWFP

Postby Beaverslayer » Wed May 11, 2011 5:05 pm

Went down to Yokena yesterday to put a boat in to retrieve some stuff from the camp before it went on under and was stopped by an armed guard. He said that I couldn't launch my boat because I would be tresspassing. I asked him who he worked for and he said Dept of Homeland Security. He also said that I would be arrested and given a citation if I proceeded. I just accepted it and left. Well someone else I know went down to Togo rd and was told he couldn't go down togo rd. and was told he would be tresspassing. Well just so happens, this guy works for the co. that owns the land back there which he informed the guy of. He was then allowed to prceed. The guard told him it would be alright since he didn't have a boat to launch. My question is; who are these people and who are they to tell us we can't go onto our own property. I know of a court case that ruled that you can't cross property lines when the water is up because you will be tresspassing. If this is the case, then that water is private not public and we should have the right to check on our property. Am I correct in this?
mshunter77
Duck South Addict

Re: Question for the Game Warden/MSDWFP

Postby mshunter77 » Wed May 11, 2011 5:14 pm

That is interesting. Where going to launch at a boat ramp or just at the edge of the water.
tunica
Duck South Addict

Postby tunica » Wed May 11, 2011 5:25 pm

Sound totally different to ME...you had a boat once launched you could go anywhere...the other guy was in a truck. By chance was this truck marked with a company name or maybe the guy had identification....
quackheadbp

Postby quackheadbp » Wed May 11, 2011 5:46 pm

Man Id lauch anyway. Like to see him arrest me while trying to swim to me. Im no law breaker, but thats my stuff out there, not his.
Jelly
Duck South Addict

Postby Jelly » Wed May 11, 2011 6:00 pm

Why is my mouth so dry this morning, when I drank so much last night?
quackheadbp

Postby quackheadbp » Wed May 11, 2011 6:03 pm

Ryano
Veteran

Postby Ryano » Wed May 11, 2011 6:04 pm

levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:32 pm

May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
Beaverslayer
Regular

Postby Beaverslayer » Wed May 11, 2011 6:47 pm

donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Wed May 11, 2011 7:14 pm

what about looters of homes/camps that are still dry...or that were able to get their stuff up high enough to be out of water?

i'm sure someone could write a novella of all the wild rumors floating around, and have a best seller.
Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
quack_a_tack
Duck South Addict

Postby quack_a_tack » Wed May 11, 2011 7:37 pm

You prob should have thanked him. Lets say you where some redneck going in there with ill intentions, to steal stuff from someones cabin, or maybe your cabin is 3-4 in. out of the water and a boat wake swamped your cabin. Now instead of being able to get out of this flood ok you are out $40k in repair cost. Whatever the reason you did right by just leaving.
Damn, i thought I had that one

Is that buddy of yours tryin to blow that call or make love to it?
TODO
Duck South Addict

Postby TODO » Wed May 11, 2011 8:42 pm

I dont know where togo road is but here in Bolivar county, and i know up to tunica and i assume down to vicksburg, the levee is totally off limits, doesnt matter who you are or what you own. Suck it up. Weve known about the water for two weeks, everybody around here spent days gettin there chit out and is abiding by the rules.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Wed May 11, 2011 9:58 pm

Just stop and think about it for a minute. That levee is one big inviting target to some lunatic right now. If they are legitimately with the Department of Homeland Security then just do what they say and leave. If its the power company and they are acting without proper Governmental authority then I don't know what to say. Nobody's really got any reason being in there now unless they are actively involved in trying to save property and have approval or with the Corps. Everybody's known about it for a while now so if you haven't prepared by now then tough. Right now is the most critical with the river cresting and everybody has short nerves. Not the time to bow up and get in a my wick is bigger than your wick contest.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
ducman77
Duck South Addict

Postby ducman77 » Wed May 11, 2011 10:07 pm

I don't think I would pis$ off the Homeland Security Agent. You might get the rubber glove treatment.
shoot'm in the lips
dukhntn
Duck South Addict

Postby dukhntn » Wed May 11, 2011 10:52 pm

No levee in yokena. He would have had to driven the boat several miles, gotten out to the river, crossed the river into Louisiana, crossed more woods/fields/etc... before he would have gotten to a levee. Must have been some other reason than the levee.
A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul. -George Bernard Shaw

Return to “General Discussion Forum”