Best Buy Reserved Parking Signs for Fuel Effecient Cars

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Best Buy Reserved Parking Signs for Fuel Effecient Cars

Postby cwink » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:14 am

Friend of mind said they had these signs up at the Best Buy in Maddison??

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/20191965/Best-Buy-Reserved-for-Fuel-Efficient-Vehicle-Parking-Only-Spots.aspx

Guess I won't be shopping there anymore. I can understand and respect the Pregnant, Handicapped and Elderly, but this just chaps my hide..
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
edub20
Duck South Addict

Re: Best Buy Reserved Parking Signs for Fuel Effecient Cars

Postby edub20 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:28 am

Ha ha... that's pretty bold of them. Doubt anyone will abide by their "wishes"
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
pondman
Duck South Addict

Postby pondman » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:29 am

"That's the one trouble with this country: everything, weather, all, hangs on to long. Like our rivers, our land: opaque, slow, violent; shaping and creating the life of man in its implacable and brooding image." William Faulkner
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:38 am

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
B.M.F.T.
Veteran

Postby B.M.F.T. » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:41 am

Chevy says my silverado is fuel efficient....it states it in all their adds. I guess Best Buy can decide.
"That's not luck, that's 1000 hours worth of watching hunting shows."
Chuckle12
Duck South Addict

Postby Chuckle12 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:33 pm

I'm gonna put a hybrid sticker on the back of my F250 and park it there for a couple of days.
Μολὼν λαβέ
HRCH Man with a Loaded Gun MH
HR Quest's Loaded Gun 4/8/00-7/5/12 RIP
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:43 pm

Nobody owes you anything.
regishay
Duck South Addict

Postby regishay » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:49 pm

I would just go ahead and park in the space, when they ask about it being for fuel effeciency vehicles, i am just going to say by parking here I saved all that gas by not having to drive way out there at the end of the parking lot. :lol: :lol:
"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
- General Macarthur

cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:55 pm

Found this down in another thread.. This is the part that chaps my hide. I guess we are all just 2nd class citizens because of the trucks we drive..

Sustainable Sites 4.3 – Alternative Transportation – Low Emitting and Fuel Efficient Vehicles
Low Emitting & Fuel Efficient Vehicles

Intention:

1.Reduce Pollution from auto use
2.Reduce land development from auto use
Implementation:

•Option 1:
1.provide low emission cars (yes, provide cars to people), with preferred parking (0.03 FTE)
•Option 2:
1.provide preferred parking for low emission cars (0.05 total parking spaces)
•Option 3:
1.prodive charging station and refuel stations for low emission cars (0.03 total parking spaces)
•low emission car = ZEV (zero emisson vehicle) = minimum energy star of 40.
•preferred parking EXCLUDES handicap spaces
Codes/Standards Applied:

1.none
Extra Credit:

•One SS4 extra credit point allowed by creating a ‘comprehensive transportation management plan.
Submittal Phase:
-George Washington
driveby
Duck South Addict

Postby driveby » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:08 pm

So is Paul Blart going to come out, lead with his left arm while placing his right hand on his hip as to give the elusion of having a gun, which we all know he doesn't, and write you a citation if you park your monster truck there?
http://www.dixielandcalls.com
http://www.sdb.alducks.com
http://www.SouthernDuckBoats.com

"Are you sure you're Albanian? You don't look full blooded" - Don Miller
sunnylab
Duck South Addict

Postby sunnylab » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:13 pm

Parked my Chevy Tahoe in one of those spots the other day......left it running.
Went in and shopped for about 30min....tested out the surround sound couches...didn't buy anything.
ha!
jacksbuddy
Duck South Addict

Postby jacksbuddy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:23 pm

So, let me get this straight. We can't drive gas or desiel engines because they polute the environment. So we have to go to electric vehicles and other low - or very low - emissions vehicles.

Yet, to produce the batteries for these new vehicles not only creates a LOT more polutants to be introduced into the environment, but these polutants are more highly concentrated in an area of the environment such that they cannot be easily disipated. And, how are we going to produce the electricity for these batteries again? By creating even more polutants to be introduced into the environment on a continuous basis, again in concentrated areas such that they cannot be easily disipated, right?

So, in other words, what they are telling us is that we cannot dilute our polution so that nature can help us clean it up. Instead, we have to pile all of our polution into specific areas so that we can destroy sections of nature entirely. Has that about got it?

I'm sorry, but that about sounds like they want us to build an out house in the dining room.
Nobody owes you anything.
mottlet
Duck South Addict

Postby mottlet » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:43 pm

I want to have four wheel drive and a bed for carrying crap around. So I own a truck and pay the price for that. I know that the fuel economy isn't great and I won't get to ride in the HOV lane without a passenger like the hybrids do. I guess if parking close to the Best Buy was something that was important to me, I'd buy something other than a 4x4. Either way, I don't see how it's worth getting fired up about.
It's a bloody mary morning...
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:01 pm

-George Washington
Bully
Veteran

Postby Bully » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:15 pm

Is this a new building?

It is all part of a new program in the construction industry called LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design). It is run by the Green Building Coucil. Buildings get points for certain aspects of the design, as you can see in the information that you posted above. There are points for things such as roof material reflectiveness, daylight harvesting, use of recycled material in construction, etc. The more points that the building achieves, the better the overall rating. The overall rating is bronze, silver, gold, or platinum. By designating a parking spot for alternative fuel vehicles, they got another point. I am sure they get tax breaks for building a "green" building.

I doubt anyone is going to enforce the meaning of the sign.
Justin

Return to “General Discussion Forum”