Drake Waders

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Rice
Duck South Addict

Drake Waders

Postby Rice » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:41 pm

them or brushtuffs I have had brushtuffs but need new ones and just wanted to know how they competed whats the warranty ect
A man who won't has no advantage over the man who can't.
SHANE704
Veteran

Re: Drake Waders

Postby SHANE704 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:47 pm

macks pw waders are just as good unless you want the drake label to match your other clothing....only waders i have had a negative experience with was lacross but i have heard that their customer service makes up for it
wap
Veteran

Postby wap » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Two guys in our club have them and both started leaking in the seam on the inside of the leg. One pair had been worn about 3 times. The other pair started leaking this weekend and they wouldn't replace them bc he bought them last year. I went back with brushtuff again this year.
Trip
Duck South Addict

Postby Trip » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:54 pm

I've got the Drake waders this year. My only dislike so far is how low they are cut under your armpits. They did this so you can get to the hand warmer built on the inside of the chest area. If you can get them for a good enough price I'd recommend them.

I also had great luck with my Mack's waders for several years.
Josh Lantrip
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:59 pm

Drake's waders are not designed for a good bit of movement, long walks, etc.

I would go with Mack's Big Ditch wader or one of the Cabelas models. Cabelas has the best warranty of any, and Lacrosse doesn't even have the word warranty in their company dictionary.
Rice
Duck South Addict

Postby Rice » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:43 pm

Alright I am looking at getting some before this weekend so i really don't want to order so it's what they have at sportcenter or mossyoak to choose from...And that's pretty much drake and lacrosse so I'm thinking lacrosse
torch
Duck South Addict

Postby torch » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:45 pm

Rice, I hunt 85 days a year and the Drake's are the best I have ever used. They will last me a season and I am tuff on stuff.
Hayes Calls Prostaff
Crazy Anglers Pro Staff
Kick's Chokes Pro Staff
Crappie Logic Jigs Pro Staff
F&F Boats Prostaff
Dakota Decoys Prostaff
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:50 pm

is there any other company sells a wader (or anything really) in the Mossy Oak Bottomland pattern?

Outside of basic pants and shirt from Mossy Oak itself, Drake and Ol' Tom about the only companies produces anything in Bottomland...
Rice
Duck South Addict

Postby Rice » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:50 pm

I am SUPER rough on stuff I hardly have one pair last two seasons and somehow always loose the receipt or warranty expires so what's the warranty on drakes
camlock
Duck South Sponsor

Postby camlock » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:53 pm

lipsplitter39654
Duck South Addict

Postby lipsplitter39654 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:01 pm

i have 2 pair and love them. I have the boat pants and the lst. I would not suggest the lst for southeast as they are extremely warm. my next pair will be the mst for sure.
"Life is tough, life is even tougher if you're stupid" John Wayne

"Forgive and forget; but always remember." Jack Miner
Greenhead22
Duck South Addict

Postby Greenhead22 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:02 pm

Rice
Duck South Addict

Postby Rice » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:08 pm

Just looked into the big ditch and they dont have my size right now and my booty is tired of being wet last weekend was it for me I want to be dry and warm this weekend.
deltadukman
Duck South Addict

Postby deltadukman » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:10 pm

Take 'em
Veteran

Postby Take 'em » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:12 pm

got the mst's this year and love them so far. I am tall and lanky and have never had a pair that were tall enough for me in a size 12 but the drake's are tall, almost too tall. they are the most comfortable pair I have owned. Had lacross last year and they started leaking around the knees and they took them back with no questions asked after I hunted with them the enitre year. Other brands are usually short thru the crotch area but these fit me like a normal pair of pants. Only thing I might not like about them when the time comes, is that they are so low cut under the armpits and if you were in extremely deep water, water would come in under your arms before it would come over the top in the front. other than that, I have had no complaints so far.

on a side note, if you go with lacross get the 3.5mm. you will be boiling in the 5mm as I did last year. and I had a hard time moving in them as they were pretty stiff also
"When the season is over and you have $11.97 in your bank account you know you did 'er as hard as you could." -Kelley Powers
"Here comes 5 singles flying together!" -Dustin Anderson

Return to “General Discussion Forum”