Gun Branch has a few openings for this deer season

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
MSDuckmen
Duck South Addict

Gun Branch has a few openings for this deer season

Postby MSDuckmen » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:33 pm

The Gum-Branch Hunting club has a few memberships available. The dues are 475.00 for the season if you join in time to make the last two work weekends if not it will be 575.00 for the first year.
The camp is located in Winston Co. between Louisville and Sturgis. We have 1200 acres of private land and we sit right smack in the middle of Choctaw WMA which is part of the Tombigbee National Forest. Only about 8 miles from Noxubee Refuge. Many of our members utilize these areas due to the high numbers of deer.
The club is not on a Management program and will likely never be. We hunt strictly by state regulations.
The Club maintains 21 Greenfield's. Almost all have shooting houses to accommodate a hunter with kids.
There is a Bunk house that sleeps 14 and a Dinning hall that is the local hangout.
Our property is located in three counties.
Last years harvest with the change in antler restrictions limited us to 62 deer. We expect more this year after letting many walk last year. There is a skinning shed and a cooler that holds up to 10 deer at a time. Hunters may bring a personal camper but must arrange their own supply lines and a 100.00 per season fee is required to pay the extra utilities.

If this looks like something that might meet your needs go to http://www.Gum-Branch.com and sign up on the contact us page and a board member will give you a call. On our site you can see some past history pictures and read the by-laws.
Dutch Dog
Duck South Addict

Re: Gun Branch has a few opeing for this deer season

Postby Dutch Dog » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:51 pm

I spoke with Danny personally the other day on the phone and I can tell you that the club is absolutely headed in the right direction!!! Lots of legwork thru the summer resulted in some new properties, some of which I've heard hadn't been hunted/leased in 3 years. I would have gotten back in this year (as I promised I'd do after graduation), but when deposits were due I was still in school so I couldn't afford to do it, and subsequently joined another club about 3 weeks ago.
It's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
marshman
Veteran

Re: Gun Branch has a few openings for this deer season

Postby marshman » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:21 pm

This is a good club guys....I was in it for a year. great group of guys...Only reason I didn't stay in it was the distance from my house.
Dux Be Us
Duck South Addict

Postby Dux Be Us » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:17 am

" You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Postby GulfCoast » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:35 pm

I can't vouch for the land, but I CAN vouch for Dan Moulder.

Mark
So many ducks, so little time....

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH (2005-2017)
HRCH Tipsy MH
Zsa-Zsa Puppy
Micah
Site Admin

Postby Micah » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:36 pm

If Dan is involved, it's a class act.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”