Nasal Surgery

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Re: Nasal Surgery

Postby Seymore » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:12 pm

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
three11
Veteran

Postby three11 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:20 pm

MSDawg870
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDawg870 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:10 pm

I was instructed to use the saline stuff for a month or so and did it religiously I guess I need to continue it. I'm currently on a couple of hits of Fluticasone and Amphotericine. Goin to see the doc for another post op check this Thursday.
quack_a_tack
Duck South Addict

Postby quack_a_tack » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:21 pm

Thanks for the info, I have one of the best Dr. on Memphrica so not to worried. I will have splints up my nose and have heard they are the worse part ellaborated by Cajun Squealer. I am ready I think the pain will be worth it to be able to breath again, also thank you Squealer for scaring the begeezes out of me I am shaking in my spiderman house shoes (not really). I have had back surgery, and a repared tendon in my ankle so not to worried bout the pain part, just was curious what experiences you guys have had in the past. Again thanks for the info.
Damn, i thought I had that one

Is that buddy of yours tryin to blow that call or make love to it?
MSDawg870
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDawg870 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:23 pm

quack whose your doc? didn't know you where doin it in M town
quack_a_tack
Duck South Addict

Postby quack_a_tack » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:31 pm

Yea, I unfortunatly live here for the time being, Dr. Dan Klug he is in the Memphis ENT practice off Kirby and poplar.

tbost
Regular

Postby tbost » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:47 pm

I had a septoplasty a couple of months ago. I wish I would have done it a long time ago. The worst part for me was the packing because it was so uncomfortable and having to sleep sitting up on the couch for 3 nights (or trying to sleep). Keep the chap stick handy. I heard horror stories about having the packing removed so I took two of the pain pills right before my appointment and the pain only lasted a second. I am just glad I had someone drive me because I had a tough time even walking out.
Seymore
Duck South Addict

Postby Seymore » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:29 pm

I've had a discectomy and laminectomy. Then a fusion that didn't take and the rods and screws worked loose so I walked around for a year on an unstable spine. Then got to have it all ripped out and put back in again in order to try and gain fusion. I have permanent nerve damage on the left, a neurostim, and get spinal injections every 4 months. They had me on dope 24/7 until I told them to stop it because I am scared of it.

All that to say the nose job is nothing compared to back stuff. I would rather go through 10 nose jobs than go through back surgery again.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin.

Those who can do. Those who can't get on MSDUCKS and try to convince everyone they can.
lilham
Veteran

Postby lilham » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:19 am

Surgery was not bad and hardly any pain or discomfort. But it hurt like hell when they took my packing out. My packing was not a paper or gause but a gell/silicone base solution. They sucked it out with what felt like a commercial vacuum with a 10 hp motor on it. Then some would not come out and he had to scrap it with a small pick tool.

It's worth it. I still use the Saline solution regular to flush out my sinus.
"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not." Thomas Jefferson
MSDawg870
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDawg870 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:08 am

quack_a_tack
Duck South Addict

Postby quack_a_tack » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:59 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”