salvage truck seats

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

salvage truck seats

Postby jdbuckshot » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:03 am

i got the interior ripped out of my hunting truck (88 full size jimmy) because i had to repair some rust spots. got everything cleaned up and am going to spray in some bedliner before installing new carpet eventually. The rear seat is in great shape. Would it be cheaper to have to front seats recovered or see if i can find some newer seats to drop in from a wrecked truck, im looking for tan, vinyl is best, because im going to have to top off this summer. Im a fabricator so mounting is not an issue.

Any one ever bought any seats from a salvage yard? bout how much they run you?

Thanks

JD
"The rich ..... who are content to buy what they have not the desire to get by their own exertions, These are the real enemies of Game."
70 sprig
Duck South Addict

Re: salvage truck seats

Postby 70 sprig » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:21 am

4Dawgma's son can whip you up some . There's a thread showing his handy work somewhere on here :mrgreen:
The authority on all things forked up
dukhntn
Duck South Addict

Postby dukhntn » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:33 am

How does the frame and the "springs" (I use this term since I don't know the proper name) under your seats look? If you've had the top off much and it has rained on it, they could be rusty. When I was thinking about doing the same with my Jeep a lot of shops told me they wouldn't recover them if I had much rust under the seats. I ended up buying some new seats.
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

Postby jdbuckshot » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:17 am

The top has never been off. the seats are in good condition now. once i get new carpet and the dash repaird i want it too look good.

Thanks
"The rich ..... who are content to buy what they have not the desire to get by their own exertions, These are the real enemies of Game."
dukhntn
Duck South Addict

Postby dukhntn » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:35 am

I can't remember how much I was quoted to recover the seats. Jackson Pull-A-Part has seats listed for around $29. No full size Jimmys or Blazers listed, but the do have some late 80's model vans and full size pick-ups listed and these seats might fit. If you called they might could tell you what color/material the interior is, but I wouldn't bet on it. Another option (if not set on vinyl) would be some of the neoprene seat covers like the Wet Okole brand, but they are expensive. Good luck.
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

Postby jdbuckshot » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:49 am

Yea i owned a set of the wet okole's before, and may go that route. Like i said i would rather have some newer chevy or gmc seats and retrofit them to the truck.

JD

Return to “General Discussion Forum”