Lost our lab today...

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
marshman
Veteran

Re: Lost our lab today...

Postby marshman » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:46 pm

Yes she was only 4 and a heck of a smart dog. I will be sure and be careful from now on about them eating and exercising. Although Dixie hadn't ate in about 6 hours when it happened. She was running and playing around in the yard but nothing real heavy. I guess we'll never know for sure what took her, I've lost other dogs in the past from all sorts of things, but for some reason losing her has hit the hardest. We all have taken some comfort in the fact that her last few hours were spent outdoors running around and having fun, with all of us there. It could have happened while we were all at work and school while she was inside.
Karen Klotthor
Veteran

Postby Karen Klotthor » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:07 am

Your right about a good thing you being home. THat is how I felt about our Dixie. I was so glad I was still home when she started. Did you talk to a vet. We had the autopis done for our own piece of mine.
Karen
cturn
Regular

Postby cturn » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:20 pm

Sorry to hear about your family's loss, loosing a dog is such a hard thing to go through. Our prayers are sent your way.
SHR Risky Luck's Lady Lola
Unkljohn
Duck South Addict

Postby Unkljohn » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:52 pm

Sorry for your loss, I lost my 14 year old Choco male on Wednesday. Came home from work and found him dead in the yard.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”