So whats the funniest thing you have seen hunting?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
armyduckman
Regular

So whats the funniest thing you have seen hunting?

Postby armyduckman » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:39 pm

I will start this one off.

A couple of years ago a friend of mine and I were hunting my blind on lake barkley in TN. We were both in the blind and his lab was sitting on the dog box on the side of the blind. It had been a sort of slow morning and here comes a gadwall flying over the decoys toward the blind. My friend took the shot and he nailed it at about 30 yards over the blind. Well the duck folded and started falling and we looked over and his lab was watching the duck fall and quivering ready to go fetch it when told. Well that dog followed that duck all the way down till it hit him smack right between the eyes, knocking him down like he had been poleaxed. He slowly stood up, picked up the bird, turned and gently placed it on the blind floor next to him! Talk about a trooper, just another day at the office for him, I'm guessing he had a heck of a headache the rest of the day though. :lol:
'The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because He loves what is behind him.' -G. K. Chesterton
brake man
Veteran

Re: So whats the funniest thing you have seen hunting?

Postby brake man » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:02 pm

A non-hunting client suprisingly accepted an invitation from our company to go with us to Stuttgart to hunt at Slick's for opening weekend a few years ago. He figured he would just eat, drink, do some work while we hunted, and be merry for a few days. We had a great hunt the first day and were limited by about 8:00 AM so he decided to go the next day.

Fella was probably less than five feet tall and ended up wearing hip boots and thrown together hunting clothes from several of us. We stood in a timber hole, but the water was right at the top of the guys hip boots so I got stuck taking care of him right before shooting time. Rest of our crew spread out along the trees in the hole, and I had this guy sit on a bench just behind me. Action starts and the ducks are working great at shooting time...several ducks are down and it looks like it is going to be a great day.....when all of a sudden I hear from behind me: "I gotta take a @#$#, right now!" Boat's on the other side of the hole in a boat hide, he's too short to walk back in the woods to go, and he tells me he doesn't have time to wait (tells me that emphatically a couple of times). With little hesitation and with ducks trying to work into one of the nicest holes you will ever see, the guy hops up on the bench, pulls down his pants and boots, bends over, and lets it fly! Let's just say he was having some digestive tract distress so it was, according to a co-worker who was behind and to the side of our client and who had no ided what was coming, like a horizontal geyser of some foul-smelling stuff! :oops: Another client was in front of and downwind of the guy and caught it full-force as the wind was blowing in his direction. Fella just stood there on the bench watching the ducks with his pants pulled down and had nothing to wipe with. I, thinking about why the ducks had just flared and not thinking clearly, turned around to ask what was flaring them, and caught a view live and in person at eye level. The full Monty!

Let's just say several of us are scarred for life and that hole and the events were immediately made legendary. What made the situation even better is that half the guys in the hole, including the guide, had no idea what happenened until a bit later when the guide shifted folks around in the hole and the short guy and a couple of other guys moved up into the blind at the other end of the hole. The three of us eyewitnesses stayed at the same end and started comparing notes and bringing the guide up to speed. He said, "That's just wrong for somebody to go $#^&% in my hole!" The more we talked and compared notes, the harder we laughed, in fact we laughed so hard that I honestly hurt my stomache for several mintures. News made it around camp as soon as we got back. That hole has been jokingly renamed to the the "S$#@t Hole" ever since, at least when some of our crew is hunting there.

I've added a picture of the hole. Notice the bench at the back of the hole. He was on the right end of it. I was just a a little to his left. Other guys were on either side.

Last edited by brake man on Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
brake man
cupnglide
Veteran

Postby cupnglide » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:37 pm

I just spit Sam Adams all over the laptop! That's quite a visual. :lol:
Never assume.
levi127
Duck South Addict

Postby levi127 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:20 pm

man im rolling laughing at that last one. That has to be probably the best thing ive ever heard about someone hunting. Atleast he was kind enough not to squirt you with it! :lol: :lol:
May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face, and may the wings of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.
Cheers, Georgie.

Spectra Shot Rep
Mojo Dealer
Bettis Custom Calls Pro Staff
wap
Veteran

Postby wap » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:31 am

I was gonna post a good funny story but no way does it compare to that!!! I'll wait.
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Several years ago when we pulled up the boat launch at a certain TN WMA, there was a hearse that someone had driven off the end of the ramp and partially sunk in the bottoms. We launched the boat and idled by the hearse only to see the windows cracked and beer cans floating everywhere. Later in the day, the hearse was removed by a PINK wrecker. Someone called the TWRA and they came and investigated and had the wrecker come by to pull it out. It was quite the happening and we could see everything from our blind. Just don't see something like that everyday! :lol:
jeter

Postby jeter » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:15 am

We call it a deep freeze hunt! This was in 79 or 80! Our places in Crowder, were froze solid, and when that happens, we would pull the river boat out!! We would go to Desoto Lake, or hunt the river in several places! This particular morning we decided to hunt a freshly flooded field! We are getting into some shallow water, and my brother stood up on the front seat of the boat! That is when we hit a submerged tree!! He prombtly goes head first off the front of the boat, with waders on! It's about 15 degrees and a mean North wind! We empty out our gear, and start getting set up for the hunt, while our father takes him back to ramp, and car!! We hunt, get our limits and return to the car! It is about 10:00 AM in the morning! My brother is running the Bronco, still pretty wet, in his long johns, drinking cold beer. We asked where did he get the beer? As it turned out, he got his clothes off, down to his long john's, and was sitting at Billy's Grocery in Rena Laura, MS.when they opened the doors!! Now I don't know about you guy's , but a soaking wet man, walking into a small country store at 7:00 am, barefoot, and wearing soaking wet long john's, and a wind chill of about zero; wanting to buy cold beer, would probably not get into my store! The local's still talk about!!
GET-N-RITE
Duck South Addict

Postby GET-N-RITE » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:42 pm

Had a boat that we were pulling by hand get hit by a train. Wasn't funny at the time but it is now.
Black-River
Veteran

Postby Black-River » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:10 pm

Took a buddy of mine hunting for the first time back in 2004. He bought all the stuff and was ready to go. First off we had to push the boat over some logs and a beaver damn that morning. It was about 20 degrees with a nw wind at 15 so i was pretty cold... Soon as he hopped in the water in his brand new waders he riped them on a beaver stob :lol: so his right foot was soaked and i told him i would just pull the boat up where he could hunt out of it. Next we get to the hole and get everything set up and he loads up his gun and gets ready for daylight.... Shooting time comes and a big group of mallards drop right in the hole and i called the shot.... ha ha while we are shooting i can hear him over there cussing and yelling he had bought 3 in shells for a 2 3/4 in gun. Then to make things worse one of the ducks smoked him right in the head on the way down while he was sitting in the boat...needless to say he didn't have a very good first hunt but it was funny and something ill never forget. He now hunts with me everyday and was addicted right off the bat...the color GREEN is some powerful stuff.
aweyerman
Duck South Addict

Postby aweyerman » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:09 pm

i read the first story and figured i had that one beat but the sh*t hole story is priceless.
TEAM TOPWATER-ALABAMA
Mr Turnem N Burnem
Regular

Postby Mr Turnem N Burnem » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:56 pm

I hunted public land one time. Funniest joke I've ever seen.
feedcall
Duck South Addict

Postby feedcall » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:13 pm

Buddy of mine in about 1985 had his black lab lock him out of his car in the pouring rain about 10 miles from a paved road. He tried like he** for an hour to get his dog to the window so that his paws would hit the lock button again. The dog curled up on the warms seat and went to sleep. He wound up breaking window to get in.
This is no longer a vacation, this is a quest, a quest for fun---Chevy Chase.
skywalker
Duck South Addict

Postby skywalker » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:18 pm

Funniest I have ever been personally involved was my first trip duck hunting. Father-in-law took me to their club in AR and it was COLD! It was he, I, and his nephew. They are both quite large (250lbs +) and I was about 165lbs. Came to a frozen little overflow from a creek that we were going to wade through to get to a tree line. I walked about 25 yards down the bank and eased on top of the ice slowly making my way across as they were busting thru the other end. The water was not quite waist high, but they were having a tough time. When they realized I was on 'top' of the ice they took the stocks of their shotguns and started busting ice towards me......yep, I was slidin as fast as I could, but eventually the crack ice caught me and I fell thru. They got a big kick out of it......I didnt. :shock:
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:25 pm

The sunday of opening week of first split, my hunting partner and I were coming back to the boat dock and I happen to notice he was sitting in the boat with his life jacket on upside down. I wanted to grab my camera, but he was sitting next to my bag and would have noticed my intentions. I'm laughing at the picture in my head of him sitting there and the life jacket sticking up past his head like a wind funnel.
"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:11 am

Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”