Dog claws

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Click
Duck South Addict

Dog claws

Postby Click » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:03 am

My dog's claws got hung on a dog platform yesterday. I wonder how bad the injury is. Bout to take him to vet. Hope he isnt done for the year. Anyone ever had this issue?
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Re: Dog claws

Postby MudHog » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:21 am

My male boston jammed his nail into my old steps right before our last hurricane. We cleaned it and kept putting hydro peroxide on it all during the hurricane. After once everybody opened up we brought him to the vet. It got infected and doc said there was nothing we could have done differently to prevent the infection. Drained the "BEARDED CLAM" and put him on antibiotics. He hobbled around for a few days with his paw wrapped up looking dramatic, but all is good again. He had pushed the nail into his foot and tore the skin around it.
"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:38 am

Not trying to be that "what you should have done" guy, but what was the platform made of? Expanded metal is no good. I went to Lowes and got some mat liner material and zip tied it to my platform. Much safer.

Hope your dog is ok.

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
Bonehead
Duck South Addict

Postby Bonehead » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:48 am

Click
Duck South Addict

Postby Click » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:17 am

brandon327
Veteran

Postby brandon327 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:26 pm

Must have been that bottom half of an ol man treestand?

I have been using a homeade stand that was covered in carpet.
I finally broke down and bought an avery ruff stand. I think that it was money well spent and you do not have to look for a tree large enough or small enough and most any water that you will wade in it is tall enough b/c it adjust from 22" to 36". Two dogs can fit on it.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”