Report on the "new"Avery decoys

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
chopper30
Duck South Addict

Postby chopper30 » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:13 am

dukbum
Duck South Addict

Postby dukbum » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:31 am

Scott Moates
Regular

Postby Scott Moates » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:38 am

chopper30
Duck South Addict

Postby chopper30 » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:40 am

dukbum
Duck South Addict

Postby dukbum » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:46 am

Drake
Veteran

Postby Drake » Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:58 am

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
- Thomas Jefferson
skuna
Duck South Addict

Postby skuna » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:23 pm

Yes, I have a digital camera and will try to get some pictures of them by this weekend. I don't think I have any of the braided string left but I will check. I used some ghg strap weights and some others that were smaller. I will also include pictures or avery and ghg decoy bags that have holes in them that were new this season. Thanks for your effort.
jdbuckshot
Duck South Addict

decoys

Postby jdbuckshot » Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:47 pm

i just bought me some new decoys friday, (flambeaus). Not against avery. i just like using whats been around a while. but i did buy some of that decoy line yall are talking about. now i think i will go and take it off and get some other stuff. why didnt i read this post earlier?

anyway. my decoys get treated like crap and they still look good. i wash them good after the season and spray them with armorall. that conditions the paint and keeps them from fading. i have had mine for 5 years and hunt them every time, and i take them in and out, and they still look farily good. But the main thing, they still work!
"The rich ..... who are content to buy what they have not the desire to get by their own exertions, These are the real enemies of Game."
Bustin' Ducks
Duck South Addict

Postby Bustin' Ducks » Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:53 pm

I sent Scott my issues via a PM..he was very receptive to my concerns and spoke on the behalf of Avery to make things right...as for the decoys..EVERYBODY knew this was an issue..Avery has went on the record to say they would replace them if need be....

I also have the Avery "tanglefree" cord..which has snapped several times.....but for no more than it costs..can't really beeotch 'bout it...

Guys before we get on an avery bashin' party..let's don't forget all the other wonderful things was have from them!!!
I may go to Heaven, or I may go to hell....But one thing is for certain..It'll be after Duck season!!
TennTomm

Postby TennTomm » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:16 pm

There is defiantely a problem with the tangle free decoy cord. I lost at least a dozen ACE anchors this stuff.
riceman
Regular

Postby riceman » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:45 pm

Hey guys. Back again after a long lay off of the boards. I bought two dozed "Hot Buys" back in August. Avery recalled them, explained to me how to prepare them for shipping back to Memphis, the works. I received the replacements about 5 days later and hunted them pretty hard this season. I cleaned them up shortly after the season ended and didn't notice any paint chipping problems that couldn't be attributed to normal wear and tear. I'm more than satisfied with Avery's committment to make the problem good. No complaints from me at all.
EAT MORE RICE - Potatos make your BUTT big!!
dukbum
Duck South Addict

Postby dukbum » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:32 pm

iam not nocking AVERY they are a good company and i have alot of there stuff. i will not have any of there decoys, if i had the weights to send back for a refund or some new ones i would but i dont have anything. seems like there is a few other folks that have that problem also just my 2-cents! 8)
marionfd708
Veteran

Postby marionfd708 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:37 pm

the only problem i have seen so far with the NEW decoys is that the keel will come of pretty easy when you are throwing them out.
the remedy for that is either f26 or silicone. with silicone you can take the keel off at some point if you want to.
kev.
ScottS
Veteran

Postby ScottS » Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:15 pm

Scott
tennduckdog
Regular

Postby tennduckdog » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:21 am

Scott, I'm sorry it has taken so long to get back to you on this issue but work has been keeping me busy. As I said earlier, I was just curious if anyone else was having problems with the paint. I am not really interested in taking pictures and jumping through hoops to return my dekes for new ones, but I do appreciate your concerne and commitment to customer satisfaction. That alone will ensure that I continue to buy Avery products. All of the other Avery products that I or my dog use (blind bag, shell belt, dog vest, dog stand, etc.) were bought because they were the best products I could find and priced affordably. As for a solution to the decoys, I bought them because I thought the paint, texture and realism was matched by no other decoy on the market. The paint has that prism effect under different light just like the real deal, but many have had problems with the paint. I have never painted a decoy in my life but I do know a little bit about paint. Usually its not the paint that fails, its that the surface was not prepaired properly. Or it could be that in the fluctuating temperatures the plastic expands and contracts, if you use too hard or briddle of a paint it won't stand up to too much of this. Kind of the same reason that you can't paint plastic siding. Again, more curious than anything, but thanks anyways.
Bryan

Return to “General Discussion Forum”