Breathable Waders?

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Joe Kain
Veteran

Breathable Waders?

Postby Joe Kain » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:47 pm

I am looking at getting some of the breathable or early season waders this year. I have a pair of 5mm Lacrosse that I have had for 5 years and they are great but the places I hunt, I tend to walk alot and since it hasn't gotten cold here in years, I burn up in those 5mm. I have heard good things about the Mack's brand and the Cabelas Warrior II. I see where Drake came out with their EST's but man they have a big price tag on them. Lacrosse hase their alpha swamp fox. Give me yalls experiences on your breathable waders. I need a brand that are easy to walk in and are tuff due to all the briars, buck bruch, snags, etc. that I hunt through and around.
DUCKAHOLIC
Duck South Addict

Re: Breathable Waders?

Postby DUCKAHOLIC » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:57 pm

Lacrosse alpha swamp fox are awesome
Life's too damned complicated to make it too damned complicated
duckter
Duck South Addict

Postby duckter » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:04 pm

I purchased the Cabela's Warrior II Breathables and hunted all of last year in them. Man, they are most comfortable to walk in. Depending on conditions, I can dress-up or down underneath for comfort. Boots are still 1000 gram. Very durable outer skin. Some morning were in the high 50's some low teens and I never got cold. Also, some mornings I am standing in water.

I think the biggest thing is that when wearing neoprenes and you are loading, walking, setting the dekes...you build up body sweat, then go sit in a blind/pit and the moisture on your skin remains and that promotes getting cold.

And, best of all, Cabela's warrants their products. As stated on here before, I'll never own another pair of Neoprenes.
Son, be sure to check the oil. The gas will take care of itself. George Carter - Circa 1965
Jeff
Duck South Addict

Postby Jeff » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:01 pm

I've been wearing Cabela's breathables for about 8 years now. I replaced my first pair about three years ago, and am going strong with the second pair now. I love them, of course can't really warrant wearing neoprene waders down here, half the time the temps are above 60 degrees.
BLM
Regular

Postby BLM » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:26 am

Been wearing the Cabelas breathable since they came out...love them and won't go back to neoprene unless I'm forced to move up north. Same as everyone else says. Dress up or down under them for warmth and comfort. The other thing I really like is that I normally roll mine down into waist waders when hunting pits in the field. Can't do that near as comfortably with neoprene. The wear areas have more reinforcing now as compared to the first editions. I'm on my second pair in the last 8-9yrs and recommend them to all I hunt with.
TrevorH454
Regular

Postby TrevorH454 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:25 pm

Cabela's Dry Plus here. I bought them last year and wore them 90% of the time. I have some Cabela's Supermags and I wore them only when it got into the 20's. So much more comfortable in the breathables. Almost feels like wearing windpants or something. They are so much more mobile and comfortable.
Bonecollecter1111
Duck South Addict

Postby Bonecollecter1111 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:46 pm

i been wondering if they are any better that the ole canvas waders? more durable, or just lighter and easier to temp control?
i got two pair of neopremes, and both may or may not make it throught this season
Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy. -Isaac Newton

The problem with communication is the illusion that it actually happened!
jtdumallard
Duck South Addict

Postby jtdumallard » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:31 pm

swampfox. no questions asked. you can thank me later
"I've gotta run, my unicorn is double parked." Gator
adilley59

Postby adilley59 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:45 pm

Cabela's
Adam Dilley
Worley Catastrophe Response
901-674-5550
Bonecollecter1111
Duck South Addict

Postby Bonecollecter1111 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:53 pm

when i get some i'll probably go with the swamp fox, they look tougher, and i got several friends with'm and i know what they go through
Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy. -Isaac Newton

The problem with communication is the illusion that it actually happened!
gunner
Veteran

Postby gunner » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:57 am

I have the swamp fox waders. I wore them all last season. They feel like wearing trousers to the duck hole. I never got cold. I just added layers or took them off (whatever the temps called for). Get you some. You'll be glad you did.
Be where they want to be..
hencutter
Veteran

Postby hencutter » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:08 am

I have used the Cabelas breathables the past two seasons, and plan on using them this season as well. Nice, I really like them. Most of my hunting is on the coast.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”