sick of it

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
SFDdelta1
Duck South Addict

sick of it

Postby SFDdelta1 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:01 pm

I have had about all i can take of people trying to take advantage of me from my customers down to my employees

I would give anything just to be able to pick up the phone and talk to my dad. I worked with him from the time i was around 7 years old untill he died two months ago. There are just some things you can only talk to certain people about. He was the only person I was really close to and could talk to about things. Its really been hard not having anyone that I can talk to.

E
It's Not all Mai Tais and Yahtzee Out Here
matador1
Duck South Addict

Re: sick of it

Postby matador1 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:03 pm

It's tough buddy, no doubt, and time won't make it much better. But you can still talk to him, you just have to find that place in your heart where he is.
I know your pain, I talked to my mom every day when she was alive. even when I was rodeoing and traveling, I still found a way to call her. When she passed it took a long time to figure out I might not could verbally talk to her but I could still "carry on" a conversation with her.
Your dad sounds like a good man and I am sure he taught you well. I am also sure there aren't many problems you can encounter that he hasn't already gave you the answer to.

Hang in there.
Your resident mortgage loan officer. You've got a friend in the business. http://www.adamblack.net
KWAKHED
Duck South Addict

Postby KWAKHED » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:20 pm

I lost my dad/best friend in '01. I can fully understand, as mentioned above you can still give him an ear full. I had to learn to lean on those around me. It's not the same but it helps none the less. Hang in there, the wisdom he gave you will help you overcome these obstacles.
HR Choctaw's Sunset Drake
Mississippi Mallard Mafia
SFDdelta1
Duck South Addict

Postby SFDdelta1 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:13 pm

KWAKHED
Duck South Addict

Postby KWAKHED » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:17 pm

well, if you ever need an ear just holla at me 601-850-9832. Lee
I know you dont know me outside the forum, but sometimes it helps just to let it out.
HR Choctaw's Sunset Drake
Mississippi Mallard Mafia
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:23 pm

same here, feel free to give me a ring if you need a person to talk to. I'll lend an ear to listen to what needs to be heard.

It's a tough road, but you know you have alot of support here.

Lane Romero
337-319-4897
"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
SFDdelta1
Duck South Addict

Postby SFDdelta1 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:38 pm

thanks guys

but who needs friends when ya got a good bottle of crown

E
Click
Duck South Addict

Postby Click » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:25 am

That crown is not your friend in times like this
SFDdelta1
Duck South Addict

Postby SFDdelta1 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:29 am

yea but it sure cuts the edge

E
tunica
Duck South Addict

Postby tunica » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:48 am

Ya can ring Me up...any day I'm around or in the area...Heck it will scare the heck out of your crews to see Me walk on the lot. Ya can tell them Yea that old Man is thinking about buying us out. Then you can tell them horror stories...I know enough to scare a mower and landscape crews to death.

Ken
901-262-0826

You can even tell them how I cut the grove ampitheater with a 21 in WB cause I dont like Z turn's.
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Postby MudHog » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:30 am

drinking doesn't solve anything. It may hide it, but it doesn't solve it. talk to people who want to give you support and build a friendship with that person. That person won't replace your dad, but it will give you a second in command and a person to talk to.
"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
hencutter
Veteran

Postby hencutter » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:14 pm

It has been 11 months since my dad passed,and yeah,it's tough. I talked with mine daily,we were in buisness together,and I still reach for my cell phone if I am driving down the road and see something that I think that he would get a kick out of. These guys are right, I'm not trying to be Carrie Nation or anything,but the feeling is still there after the drink is gone. Heck,I even tried to to "drug" myself by going on vacation, but a few days before I came home, I realized that the same thoughts and feelings would be there as soon as I got home. I also lost my YF Lab a few months ago,miss hert too. hang in ,Bro.,it begins to ease.
70 sprig
Duck South Addict

Postby 70 sprig » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:15 am

The authority on all things forked up
SFDdelta1
Duck South Addict

Postby SFDdelta1 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:50 am

SFDdelta1
Duck South Addict

Postby SFDdelta1 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:15 am

this is what just pisses me off to no end. I have a customer that I will never do any work again after the $#!+ they just pulled. Now keep in mind that they owe us around 10 grand from last october from work on the olive branch court house and police station. The 1st of april we did several thousand dollars worth of work for them at northwest. The day of my dads funeral they call and are in a panick about some area that was not in the contract that was torn up from where they had been storing materials. I took care of this 3 days after my dads funeral for them.

keep in mind that 60 days has past since his funeral and close to 90 days since we did the orginal work for them. They were supposed to have paid this friday but there this was no one there so sign the check on friday after i was promised last monday that i would have the check. They told me they would have the check 1st thing this morning now they are telling me that they are holding our check and not sure when it can be released.

to top that off I sent a low tire to gateway to have fixed that i looked at before it was loaded. They just called me saying they need to replace the tire because the tread is coming apart. I am sure that it has nothing to do with the fact that there was not another car in the parking lot when i dropped my moms car off to get the oil changed.

I would like to know where these folks get the idea that i fell off the turnip truck last night

E

Return to “General Discussion Forum”