Revisting FF

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
bustercat64
Veteran

Revisting FF

Postby bustercat64 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:57 am

I am also having problems with my dog dropping. I thought he was FF but as of lately He is wanting to drop the bumper when he returns to heel. He started this a few months ago with ducks. I thought I had this fixed but been working him lately with only bumpers and he starting to drop them only when he returns to heel. This is only my 2nd dog to FF, my other one does not and did not have this problem. I am starting to think that he is just trying my patience. I guess my question is. Is it normal to go back and revisit FF or was there a problem there all along.
Damn_It_Boy
Duck South Addict

Re: Revisting FF

Postby Damn_It_Boy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:06 am

Collar conditioned? If so, "fetch", nick, fetch...........If not, ear pinch......Just be consistent.

I don't think a total review of FF is necessary. Everytime, and I mean everytime the dog drops at your feet nick him. Increase the pressure as need to get compliance.

Also, if he's mouthing the bumper before he drops, sit, nick, sit. Don't do all that nagging hold hold hold hold stuff.........Inderect pressure works nicely here.

ColMuldrow
Regular

Postby ColMuldrow » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:26 pm

What are you referring to when you say "mouthing", Damn it?
Damn_It_Boy
Duck South Addict

Postby Damn_It_Boy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:35 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”