desoto outfitters

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
vicksburg
Duck South Addict

desoto outfitters

Postby vicksburg » Mon Oct 22, 2001 7:21 am

There's a new guide service in the vicksburg area. Looks pretty good .
Go to desoto outfitters homepage
jbeam17
Veteran

desoto outfitters

Postby jbeam17 » Mon Oct 22, 2001 8:11 am

I also heard that it was going to be good, small, but productive. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
featherduster
Veteran

desoto outfitters

Postby featherduster » Mon Oct 22, 2001 6:31 pm

Why would you pay somebody to take you hunting on public land? C'mon guys, don't you recognize the lake in the ariel photo. All the kill photos were taken at a public boat ramp. Sure you can't hunt the island but the water around it is close enough.
judge jb
Duck South Addict

desoto outfitters

Postby judge jb » Mon Oct 22, 2001 6:58 pm

paid hunts are about one thing, limited time and instant success.... a bunch of rich hunters out there, a chance to get into their pockets are good for some...

judge jb
Duckkilla
Veteran

desoto outfitters

Postby Duckkilla » Tue Oct 23, 2001 12:14 pm

Anybody can hunt on the Mississippi River, why would you pay somebody? That is stupid. In that case I can have a guide business.
CaptnT
Veteran

desoto outfitters

Postby CaptnT » Tue Oct 23, 2001 12:35 pm

Years ago I was a public land guide during deer and duck season. The Judge hit it on the head. There are folks out there with not time to scout, fool around with decoys, train a dog, or learn the best way to motor in a ducky area in the dark, and they are willing to pay good money to someone to take them to do it. These guys aren't for seasoned duckers, they are out for the big timers that ar3e looking for a better deal than the high dollar guides.

If you think its that easy Duckkilla, you should try it sometime. I took up guiding at the suggestion of my friends who I had taken over the years. The general public is another story. The most straight laced, button-down wearin', penny loafer sportin' yuppy can turn into a redneck from hell in a little camo and totin' a gun. I got out of it because it turned something that I love into a job.
jbeam17
Veteran

desoto outfitters

Postby jbeam17 » Tue Oct 23, 2001 1:08 pm

Well said Cap, my thoughts exactly [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Wingman
Duck South Addict

desoto outfitters

Postby Wingman » Tue Oct 23, 2001 6:59 pm

It surely does make a job of duck hunting alright. By the middle of January, I'm looking forward to sleeping in late and staying out of the rain! But I will say, that in an area of the country where winter-time jobs are scarce, duck-guiding helps fill the void. I enjoy guiding, and enjoy working with people. There are a select few that make me ponder if drowning them is worth the stay at Parchman Farm [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] But seriously, guiding isn't the sop job that some may think. In the end, you take care of your customer and they'll take care of you.

Wingman www.fowlmood.com

Return to “General Discussion Forum”