four killers

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
duckhuntalot
Veteran

four killers

Postby duckhuntalot » Mon Sep 16, 2002 4:18 pm

:evil: Just last week we were discussing a four wheeler accident. I got home Friday after work streched out on the couch and cut on ESPN.

My step son, who is eight, went three doors down to the neighbors house.

About 7:15 we received the call. He had only ridden the bike about three times before. It was a small 90 I think. Anyway, he flipped and almost lost half of his right hand.

We spent the weekend in Jackson at UMC. He lost his right pinky and has a serious cut completly across the palm of his hand. He underwent surgery 1am Sat. to repair the damage. Doing fair now and was released from the hospital at lunch.

I know it could've been worse!!!!!!

His two friends came to visit him Sunday. From what I heard from their mother and grandmother, I believe these boys have gained some respect for the machines.

My wife knew he had ridden before at their house but never expected this. We don't own one (too broke or I probably would have two) According to the grandmother, he wasn't going fast. He went around the corner of the house out of sight and she raqn around the other side only to find him getting up off the ground. He had sideswiped a wooden privacy fence and lost control. Not sure how he turned over but he sure has some scars for life to show for it! :( :cry:

Just another story to remind you of what can happen so fast!
booger
Veteran

Postby booger » Mon Sep 16, 2002 5:52 pm

Yikes! Glad the boy is on the mend. I hope his hand heals up o.k.
Them ducks is wary. We now resume our regularly scheduled forum melee in progress.
ScottS
Veteran

Postby ScottS » Mon Sep 16, 2002 6:04 pm

I am sorry to hear this and hope that your stepson will mend quickly.
Scott
judge jb
Duck South Addict

Postby judge jb » Mon Sep 16, 2002 6:39 pm

Duckhuntalot, you can't keep an eye on them all the time.... glad to hear it was not a fatal accident.... but then again, to loose a finger ain't good either..... hope every-thing goes well for him and mom and pop..... he will have a story to tell for the rest of his life..... i think they call it the GROWING PROCESS...... i'm sure alot was learned from all..... hope every thing will be OK....

judge jb
D1
Duck South Addict

Postby D1 » Mon Sep 16, 2002 9:08 pm

sorry to hear that. my prayers go out for him and the family on the bright side atleast it was a pinky finger and not a TRIGGER finger(hoping for a smile here) may God bless
Thanks
Bruce

dogs are only as good as their trainers,and trainers are only as good as their dogs

Romans 14:11
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Mon Sep 16, 2002 9:33 pm

Sorry to hear about your boy DHA I will keep him in my prayers.
Peewee
Cache
Regular

Postby Cache » Mon Sep 16, 2002 10:32 pm

Sorry to hear about your son. I hope he mends well and quickly.

That ought to serve as a reminder that 4-wheelers have to be respected. I've known several people, young and older that have had mishaps and close calls. With the season drawing near, ya'll think about it now and then.

Cache
Ducks fear me
duforester
Veteran

Postby duforester » Tue Sep 17, 2002 8:21 am

I'm sorry to hear about your step son! We will keep him in our prayers as he recovers!
I love to watch the ducks circle and the dogs work.
Haymaker
Veteran

Postby Haymaker » Tue Sep 17, 2002 12:45 pm

Sorry to hear about your step-son, I hope that he heal quickly. Will be praying for him and the rest of your family.

Haymaker
duckhuntalot
Veteran

Postby duckhuntalot » Tue Sep 17, 2002 4:11 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”