does anybody know??????

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
D1
Duck South Addict

does anybody know??????

Postby D1 » Mon Sep 16, 2002 8:34 pm

is there anyway to akc register a puppy that the sir is registered but the dam isnt, the puppy is full blooded tho.
Thanks
Bruce

dogs are only as good as their trainers,and trainers are only as good as their dogs

Romans 14:11
duforester
Veteran

Postby duforester » Tue Sep 17, 2002 8:15 am

D1, I don't believe there is a way to do that. You should look on the AKC website, akc.org. You should be able to find an answer there.
I love to watch the ducks circle and the dogs work.
CaptnT
Veteran

Postby CaptnT » Tue Sep 17, 2002 9:36 am

I think your signature speaks for itself.

I am not an expert by any means, but I think you will find it hard to register that pup, as well it should be. The registration is to document that BOTH parents are certifiably "full blooded". I don't think going on somebody's word alone will be proof enough.

That said, a piece of paper is just that, a piece of paper. It may help when trying to sell the pups from a litter, but really has less effect on what kind of dog you have than how you train it. I have seen excellent "meat dogs" that were obviously not "full-blooded". One of the best duck dogs I have ever seen was a BUTT UGLY lab mix with buck teeth. He didn't have papers either, but was a fine dog, just wasn't very easy on the eyes.

If you are happy with the pup, don't worry about being "registered". Paper doesn't make the dog, training does.
Been better, been worse
walt333ms
Veteran

dog....both have to be registered....

Postby walt333ms » Tue Sep 17, 2002 10:22 am

The only way is to go back to the female litter and see if both the dame and the sire were registered...but the litter was not....depending on how long ago it was...akc will let u go back if both were registered...have some extra paperwork...and extra money

good luck...but that is the ONLY way....

take care
walt and sam
HUNT OVER AROUND MAHANNA, DELTA NATIONAL,VALLEY PARK, BELZONI, ISOLA, BENTON, EDWARDS,FITLER,

AND ANY WHERE ELSE THE DOG TELLS ME TO GO,.....
Big Lou
Veteran

Postby Big Lou » Tue Sep 17, 2002 2:28 pm

You can register the dog with AKC by doing an IPL dog, but the dogs has to be nutered or spayed. It will help that one side is registered. You can call the AKC at 919-816-3600 and ask around. They will be more than happy to help you.
judge jb
Duck South Addict

Postby judge jb » Tue Sep 17, 2002 4:12 pm

SkippyJ
Duck South Addict

Postby SkippyJ » Tue Sep 17, 2002 5:32 pm

Return to “General Discussion Forum”