Stolen deer cam film from private property

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Cephous
Veteran

pictures

Postby Cephous » Tue Aug 27, 2002 8:36 pm

I'd definately go after him. If you let him off, he'll do it again until he runs up on someone that isn't as understanding as you have been. Then you'll be reading his obit in the Clarion-Ledger.
There's a reason it's called fishin'& huntin' instead of catchin'& killin'
injun_23
Veteran

Postby injun_23 » Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:16 pm

people like that are the reason its so hard to find places to hunt anymore. that guy will also poach your and other places giving other land owners a reason to decline when asked for permission to hunt. That guy has no place in the same woods with real sportsmen. procecute with a clear concience!!
"Diein' aint much of a livin' boy......." the Outlaw, Josey Wales

"I thought you were gonna wake me up when the ducks came in!"
"You're awake ain't ya?"
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:59 am

dedux, keep us updated did you turn the fellow in or what.
Peewee
Haymaker
Veteran

Postby Haymaker » Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:30 am

If the perpetrator was a teenager, then you may just want to show the pictures to the kid's parents and let them deal with him. However, if the perpetrator was an adult, I say go to the law. A teenager may have been just trying to pull a prank on you, while the same may or may not be said for an adult.

Just my thoughts,

Haymaker
dedux
Veteran

Postby dedux » Fri Sep 13, 2002 11:50 pm

I'm keeping sort of low-key on this deal, and going to play it out.
Why not? I'm holding all the cards(pics), right? I'm fairly certain the perp knows by now, that I had other cameras, and the act was caught on film. The pics even show the perp unknowingly looking directly in to the camera, revealing every descript detail, even down to the clothing, footwear, etc.!! Still waiting on the apology, though, but I think that will happen VERY soon, when the pics are sent to the right individual(s). I just haven't had time, yet. Besides, the perp can sweat a little longer.
D1
Duck South Addict

do it now

Postby D1 » Sat Sep 14, 2002 6:49 am

I feel like if even if you wait the 5 day period then the CRIMINALS will not stop with just the film.(destroying food plots,or permanant stands) in this CRIMINALS mind will be stuck the idea that all you will want is an apology from the the CRIMINALS
Thanks
Bruce

dogs are only as good as their trainers,and trainers are only as good as their dogs

Romans 14:11
Cache
Regular

Postby Cache » Sat Sep 14, 2002 10:32 pm

The problem with advising you is that we don't know all the details that you are aware of. Are the thieves/vandals teenagers? Is this likely a case of poor judgement by an otherwise, normally decent individual? Have they been known to commit previous crimes or distubances, etc.? Are they neighbors you'll have to reside by for years to come? Perhaps they didnt have a clue as to what they were doing, although I seriously doubt it.

I'm not trying to defend what they did, but only you know enough of the details to be able to determine the best course of action.

I'd be inclined to send a registered letter with duplicate photos and a letter. I'd explain the apparent violation, potential damages, potential charges and whatever terms you feel are necessary to resolve the matter. I'd also include a demand for a reasonable and appropriate apology. If the individual(s) want to cooperate in a reasonable way, I'd attempt to avoid prosecution. However, prosecution is sometimes the only language some people fully understand. It really is your call. You know all of the circumstances, and it sounds as if you may personally know the thieves/vandals as well.

Just use your best judgement. Don't over-react or under-react.

Just an opinion, right or wrong.

Cache
Ducks fear me
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

What to do?

Postby LODI QUACKER » Sun Sep 15, 2002 12:10 am

I will tell what I would do. Get a copy of the pics first. Then load up in your truck go over to the fellas house and ask him to come outside and talk to you. Dont take anybody with you and if he brings somebody out of the house simply ask to speak with him alone. If he will not, say well I think its best we speak about this by ourselves, if he still will not just let it fly. Hell, ask him why he would go get YOUR film and before he can deny it let him know that you got some extra photos hell I would just hand them over first and let him look at them and see what he says I mean hell he knows hes caught. This is where the testosterone level and possibbly addreniline levels will reach 500 % be carefull, his very next reaction is what SHOULD determine whether you prosecute him or not. If he is cival and you can come to an understanding about future issues and why he took the film hey let by gones be bygones. BUT--- if he gets defensive and tryes to justify or acts like he is pissed off just say that "you know you are wrong and you were hoping for a different outcome. I am all for leaving the law out of a situation like this where the guy could have just wanted to see that big ol buck he saw go in that area maybe he 'JUST COULD NOT STAND IT" we have all done things that as we look back we should not have done. If he acts like an a** hole do not do the same just drive off and go home to call the Sheriff. One more thing, do not go with a defiant and defensive attitude just go with a calm demeanor do not let your temper flare with this guy even though you may want to just act like you are a disassociated party. Hey this may not be the best route to take but in my opinion it is the way to handle it like an adult. Dont be scared and dont call onthe phone too much is lost in conversation if it is anything but face to face.
digger
Duck South Addict

Stolen

Postby digger » Sun Sep 15, 2002 10:07 am

A theif and a crackhead are 2 thing's I can't tolerate.The theif will alway's be a theif and the crack head will become one.If you have the proof burn him.
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby RedEyed Duck » Sun Sep 15, 2002 7:12 pm

Dedux, prosecute this dude and do not look back.

I have a good story on a related subject. My granddad used to carry an old 22 revolver in his pocket when walking around any of our farms. One time when I was about 10 or so he came across three guys in their mid 30's that were tresspassing - poaching and he sent them home in nothing but their under pants. I'm sure that was fun to explain to the wife and anyone else that saw them driving through town. He returned their guns and other valuables to their fathers, who were none to proud of their sons. Just an idea. Good luck my friend.
duxRus
Regular

deer cam

Postby duxRus » Thu Sep 19, 2002 3:26 pm

dedux let us all know how this turns out??
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

????

Postby LODI QUACKER » Sat Sep 28, 2002 10:01 am

YOu just going to leave us hanging or what?
LODI QUACKER
Duck South Addict

Postby LODI QUACKER » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:04 am

what ever happened here?
littlediesel
Veteran

Postby littlediesel » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:26 pm

Take-Em!!!!
Po Monkey Lounger
Duck South Addict

Postby Po Monkey Lounger » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:13 pm

You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”