Just another reason why...

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
hawkeye
Veteran

Postby hawkeye » Fri Aug 17, 2001 2:39 pm

Just another reason why you should always check with your LOCAL gamewardens to see what they say regarding certain laws. I asked two today, local boys, if eurasian doves counted against your limit, just because I wanted to hear it come out of their mouths. They both said that they WOULD count against your limit, and that they were just another dove. I then showed him the seasons and bag limits card where it says MOURNING DOVE season, and he said he would check on it, but as far as he knew, they would count.
MSDuckmen
Duck South Addict

Postby MSDuckmen » Fri Aug 17, 2001 5:37 pm

Hawkeye,
I just talked with Benny this past weekend and he was telling me that the ringnecks don't count toward the limit either. I told him you can bet I will stop at 15 regardless.

Why push the limit of the law, 15 is enough per day anyway.
SB
Duck South Addict

Postby SB » Fri Aug 17, 2001 10:25 pm

They do NOT count against one's daily bag limit. You can call your local MDWFP district office to speak to a person and get their name for proof/confidence. Go to MDWFP.com for info and phone numbers.
hawkeye
Veteran

Postby hawkeye » Sat Aug 18, 2001 1:23 am

Well, I want to hear it come from the mouth of the game warden that would more than likely be giving the ticket. He says they count against it, I say they do too, until he says otherwise, becuase I ain't wantin' no ticket.
B.LONG
Regular

Postby B.LONG » Sat Aug 18, 2001 4:44 am

Don't screw around with migratory birds or you will get burned. It is not worth it.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”