I've been VIOLATED!

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Delta Duck
Duck South Addict

I've been VIOLATED!

Postby Delta Duck » Thu Jul 26, 2001 8:56 pm

Thank goodness your wife was not home. People these days have no value for human life. You have a serious situation, they know what you have left.

God Bless!!
Jeff
Duck South Addict

I've been VIOLATED!

Postby Jeff » Thu Jul 26, 2001 9:03 pm

Man Micah that really sucks man. Just gettin' married and all gettin' things going in the right direction and bam you get hit like that it really is the dumps I imagine. I would think the pawn shops would definetly be a great place to look for the stuff in a little while. However that aint always easy cause you gotta get the cops to come in before the owner knows he's got your former stuff. I hope things get better and hope that you manage to replace or reclaim some of the stuff without too much difficulty however that seems pretty difficult at the moment.
Model12
Veteran

I've been VIOLATED!

Postby Model12 » Thu Jul 26, 2001 9:12 pm

This kinda crap really pisses me off. I'm sorry for ya man. Same thing happened to me the Sunday night after duck season ended. To make a VERY long story short, they broke into our vehicles and stole a butt-load of stuff. Then they got guns out of my boat, and golfclubs out of the storage room. Brief cases from my wifes SUV and my truck, cell phones etc., etc., etc., while we slept in the other end of the house and never woke up!!! The stole my fricken call lanyard with, I don't even want to mention $$$ calls. Good news is they caught one of the guys and he is now serving 15 at the state pen. Guess what, they were all young white guys...Sheesh.... [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]
crow
Duck South Addict

I've been VIOLATED!

Postby crow » Fri Jul 27, 2001 6:39 am

Micah, take the time to go to every pawn shop in a 50 - 75 mile radius. The odds are that they didn't want the gun, they need cash. Do it quickly! Also, if you know any of the pawn shop owners personally, ask them to put out the word. Those pawn shop owners are really a pretty tight knit group, but they aren't going to ask many questions on their own, but if one of them is the one getting the work out...that's different! It's so worth the effort to get the word out. Do everything to protect the Missus, but, it is sooo good to go to court and watch these rascals get sentenced! Good luck...by the way, Greenville is the destination of a lot of stolen goods!
chance
Duck South Addict

I've been VIOLATED!

Postby chance » Fri Jul 27, 2001 6:46 am

Same thing happened to me. Everybody at work or school. New house. Been in it less than 30 days. Dudes came into garage, broke the door down and loaded up.Took all the guns, TV's, VCR's, microwave, stereo equipment. They took everything that wasn't nailed down. Left a cooler with one beer in it in the garage. Sheriff dept. took fingerprints ,description of all missing items and left. House felt eerie after that.
Learned two lessons that day.Keep garage door locked as you do the doors to the house and homeowners insurance does not pay for guns that are not specifically listed. There are also limits to the liability of a gun i.e. an expensive rifle with an expensive scope. And some home security systems are only as good as the integrity of your telephone line. First thing these guys did was go after the phone line.
laduck
Veteran

I've been VIOLATED!

Postby laduck » Fri Jul 27, 2001 6:58 am

I hope you have some good luck after all of the bad. Maybe your things will show up and that the person or persons will be caught. I am very thankful that no one in your family was hurt. Good luck and keep safe.
h2o_dog
Duck South Addict

I've been VIOLATED!

Postby h2o_dog » Fri Jul 27, 2001 7:15 am

Sorry to hear it. Same thing happened to us Christmas Eve '98. Stole TV, VCR, stereo, all the unopened presents under the tree, and a crappy pump gun I kept in the bedroom (loaded). It was probably some kids. I was actually kinda glad I didn't catch em in the act - if I'd seen someone coming out my house with that gun the world's population would now be less by 1 (not sure who).
baldduck
Veteran

I've been VIOLATED!

Postby baldduck » Fri Jul 27, 2001 7:30 am

Sorry to hear the bad news. Just glad no body or your dog was hurt. "YOU CAN'T HAVE NICE CRAP"(the 4 letter word sounds better).

I'd get an alarm, my bro-n-law is a MS hwy patrolman and they broke into his house. Man some people just don't care. My Father-n-laws house was broken into an they shot the house dog in the chair it was sitting in.
Hide youR guns or take somewhere else. I got broke into in Florence and they didn't take the guns in the closet or under the bed. From this point on you'll more than likly feel a little uneasy whenever you leave no matter were you leave. Talk to your INS. agent. Hope you had ins. If not get some. Even if you rent it's not but around $30 a month. Your agent can list all your guys and things worth money and will get serial numbers. Then talk to your neighbors and maybe start coming home for lunch. You got some good advise, Duckmen was right they might come back for what's left. Just hope we could make you feel better about the situation.
baldduck
Unkljohn
Duck South Addict

I've been VIOLATED!

Postby Unkljohn » Fri Jul 27, 2001 7:43 am

Micah
Sorry to hear of your bad luck. I suggest a monitored alarm system, it costs a little more but the peace of mind it provides me is immeasurable. I hope they can recover your things!
JT [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]
booger
Veteran

I've been VIOLATED!

Postby booger » Fri Jul 27, 2001 9:38 am

Dammit, I hate to hear that. The wife is probably pretty spooked, prepare to move. Big 'ol gun safe is peace of mind as well as another dog that you can let run loose. I've had stuff stolen little at time by "friends" but never a big break in, thankfully. I hope that the assholes are caught or kill each other arguing over who gets what.
SCOOTER

I've been VIOLATED!

Postby SCOOTER » Fri Jul 27, 2001 9:49 am

micah, hate to hear the bad new's, did they get the a-5 i shot, a great gun. i had the same thing happen 8 years ago, sorry to say, never found none of my stuff. good luck on the search.
injun_23
Veteran

I've been VIOLATED!

Postby injun_23 » Sat Jul 28, 2001 3:24 pm

MICAH sorry to hear. I lost guns twice in the last 4 years, first from my truck (bad) then from my home (awful). The last time I had the serial # from the pistol that was taken and although it took a whole year the SOB is doin time now and I got my pistol back. The violated feeling will go away but the distrust will linger for a long time an be applied to lots of potential burgulars. I suggest that you get a dog. Best deterrant money can buy. Make sure that your wife is able to shoot a gun just for the peace of mind. BEST OF LUCK FINDING THE CULPRITS.
RLJames
Veteran

I've been VIOLATED!

Postby RLJames » Sun Jul 29, 2001 7:30 pm

Sorry to hear about your break in. I've had it happen twice and was surprised to hear so many others. We found some of our stuff at a kind of unlicensed pawn broker, he gave it up without any argument...so you should look. i bit the bullet and bought a gun safe and I can't describe the peace of mind with havin the safe. Insurance is good but for heirlooms and guns I've had since childhood are irreplacable. Good luck to you!
Super-X
Veteran

I've been VIOLATED!

Postby Super-X » Wed Aug 01, 2001 12:43 pm

Wish I couldn't say that I know how you feel,
but had the same thing happen monday. It was
really odd that the [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img] !@@#$^&* only took
2 handguns & left all the rifles & shotguns.
Had the deputy come out & he dusted the glass
on the cabinet, but found nothing. If only my
labs could speak english [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] !! The
safe's on order, & thanks for the loud alarm
tip. Will try to keep a check at the local
pawn shops..Best of luck to you!!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”