Hunting Journal

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Baldpate
Regular

Hunting Journal

Postby Baldpate » Wed Jul 25, 2001 5:30 am

Any of you know how I can get a Journal that I can record all my hunting activity? Does not have to be leather bound or fancy. I got my 7 year old hunting alot now and want to write things down. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Baldpate
Delta Duck
Duck South Addict

Hunting Journal

Postby Delta Duck » Wed Jul 25, 2001 6:12 am

WebFoot has hunting journals. They have a really nice look and are very reasonable.

Go to www.deltaduckhunter.com
laduck
Veteran

Hunting Journal

Postby laduck » Wed Jul 25, 2001 6:37 am

Houston Primos of Jackson Mississippi did sell a good one. You could probably get his number out of the phone book. I don't know if he still is in business or not. Also Countrysport, Inc. P.O. Box l856, Traverse City, MI 49685 (1-800-367-4114) has one. You can even order refill pages for it. It is called a Wingshooter's Journal.

Shoot them sprigs on their first pass! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Hunting Journal

Postby Anatidae » Wed Jul 25, 2001 9:06 am

If you have a D-base, you can make your own format and then make reports from the data you enter into each record. Webfoot's journal is about as comprehensive as I've seen....you can record a lot of 'specifics' on his format.

We typically hunt rivers, so I tailored my own D-base to include the date, hours hunted, river stage, wind direction and speed, 24hr precip, temp, sky conditions, location and how we set-up, decoy spead, bird concentration, other sightings, scouting report, which boat used, reports from other hunters, number of hunters in party and their names, how many shots fired, number and species bagged.......you see, you can get as general or specific as you want to. Then you can intruct the 'reports' file to print, say....list by species, totals for season.....or hunter success relative to temperature.....or whatever floats your boat.
ScottS
Veteran

Hunting Journal

Postby ScottS » Wed Jul 25, 2001 10:18 am

Delta Duck,

Where on the deltaduckhunter website are the journals found? I checked the site and couldn't find them.

It's probably staring me in the face but I need help. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Scott
Sambo
Regular
Location: Mountain Brook, Alabama (born and raised in Clarksdale)

Hunting Journal

Postby Sambo » Wed Jul 25, 2001 10:56 am

Mack's Prairie Wings has a good looking one too. They are on the web.

[ July 25, 2001: Message edited by: Chocolate Lab ]
Delta Duck
Duck South Addict

Hunting Journal

Postby Delta Duck » Wed Jul 25, 2001 1:31 pm

Go to the www.deltaduckhunter.com and e-mail WEBFOOT.
ScottS
Veteran

Hunting Journal

Postby ScottS » Wed Jul 25, 2001 4:17 pm

Thanks Delta Duck. Webfoot e-mailed me before I got to him [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] I'll be ordering my journal tomorrow.

Scott
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Hunting Journal

Postby GulfCoast » Wed Jul 25, 2001 6:34 pm

Webfoot's journals are the nicest that I have seen. Very well done.
DUCKAHOLIC
Duck South Addict

Hunting Journal

Postby DUCKAHOLIC » Wed Jul 25, 2001 10:21 pm

If you know anybody thats a chairman of a DU committee he can order you one through his committee for about 9-10bucks. Its the same one that they sell in their catalog for around 40.00.
judge jb
Duck South Addict

Hunting Journal

Postby judge jb » Mon Jul 30, 2001 6:58 pm

the journal that www.deltaduckhunter.com offers is a great peice of work... got mine in the mail today and looks good on the coffee table or at the Shack.....only a few bucks and beats the legal pads i have used in the past... try it......

judge jb
ScottS
Veteran

Hunting Journal

Postby ScottS » Mon Jul 30, 2001 7:25 pm

Judge,

I sent off my money last week for one these journals and expect to see mine in a few days. I've also got a pretty good photo album started of my hunts. Working on it the other night I found some old photos taken back when I was in high school (my, how times have changed since the mid to late 1970's!) [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Scott
judge jb
Duck South Addict

Hunting Journal

Postby judge jb » Tue Jul 31, 2001 8:35 pm

i have a box of photos that i have collected over the years... and with this heat, it is a pleasure to flip thru them... too see the snow and ice and bare trees reminds me that it will happen again... can only wait with anticepation.... for it is on its way.....

judge jb

Return to “General Discussion Forum”