Boat Blinds

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Duckkilla
Veteran

Boat Blinds

Postby Duckkilla » Tue Jul 24, 2001 2:56 pm

Does anyone know where I can get some ideas on how to build my own boat blind. Those avery blinds are just too expensive. I would like some plans if you have any.
Thanks [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]
baldduck
Veteran

Boat Blinds

Postby baldduck » Tue Jul 24, 2001 3:33 pm

Duckkilla, what size and kind of boat do you have. I built one on my 14ft vhull for less than $25 bucks. I used some old railing and some old tops of chainlink fence and some burlap sacks. Send me an email and I'll fill you in. It was pretty easy to build and I have some extra stuff if you would be interested. It's a little hard to explain on the board so send me an email if interested. baldduck
BPT
Veteran

Boat Blinds

Postby BPT » Tue Jul 24, 2001 7:51 pm

When my dad built his he used some conduit and bent it like a "n" And put 4 or 5 across the boat and then he put 2 long pieces goin long ways. We have camo atached to those 2 poles and just roll it up until its time to hunt.
SwampMan
Veteran

Boat Blinds

Postby SwampMan » Wed Jul 25, 2001 5:10 pm

I have plans that someone emailed me a while back. I didn't make the blind like I said I would, but still you could look at it and see what you think. I tried to post it on here but my dumbazz couldn't figure it out. Tell me your email and I will see if I can send it to you.

Scott Kilby
Swamp Rat
Regular

Boat Blinds

Postby Swamp Rat » Thu Jul 26, 2001 9:38 pm

I have a blind made out of conduit with an aluminum skin, dog doors, motor doors etc.
If interested email me for details
RedEyed Duck
Duck South Addict

Boat Blinds

Postby RedEyed Duck » Fri Jul 27, 2001 6:36 am

I got the email SwampMan. Thanks a ton for the information.
SwampMan
Veteran

Boat Blinds

Postby SwampMan » Sun Jul 29, 2001 8:26 pm

No problem Red. Have you decided if you're going to build it? I haven't tried it but it looks good and fairly cheap and easy to build. Let me know how it turns out.

Good luck.
Welldoggie
Veteran

Boat Blinds

Postby Welldoggie » Sun Jul 29, 2001 10:14 pm

if you or any of your buddies get Wildfowl magazine, they have an ongoing contest where people submit plans for the best boat blinds. I've seen several good, relatively cheap plans there.
Jeff
Duck South Addict

Boat Blinds

Postby Jeff » Mon Jul 30, 2001 8:25 am

Another place for you to look is duckboats.net. It is the duck boat builder's page. There is a section called "readers rigs" there is a whole bunch of ideas on there and you could get some more ideas on what you would like to do if you still want to do it yourself.
Anatidae
Duck South Addict

Boat Blinds

Postby Anatidae » Mon Jul 30, 2001 8:50 am

If we get another 'shoot/cookout' lined-up for Sept/Oct....my boat will be rigged for goose hunting and I plan to bring it to the Gun Club as kinda a 'Atmosphere' generator. I've designed a unique blind that uses two conduit hoops and parachute cord....everything is in tension. It set-up in less than 2 minutes and is completely collapsable, and costs less than $20 (excluding the nets). We've used it for 5 years and it works well, for our type of hunting.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”