Sleep deprived ramblings from the founder

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Micah
Site Admin

Sleep deprived ramblings from the founder

Postby Micah » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:18 am

Let me lay some things out on the table. If it doesn't make sense, attribute it to the fact that I'm about 24 hours into a 36-hour shift in the emergency room.

MSDucks was born in a fraternity house, as I had insomnia associated with a bunch of crazy ass frat brothers that refused to sleep. I'd never built a website before, and I started out trying to provide a resource of information on duck hunting in Mississippi. Out of that, the Forum... The community of members actually became the most valuable part of the site.

Today, I read news that my fraternity would no longer be on the campus at Ole Miss. I don't have much control over that. But I refuse to let the fraternity that is MSDucks disintegrate.

Ms Ducks members have been in each other's weddings, been pallbearers at funerals, and done things for each other's families that has brought my heart much joy.

I personally know people I would have never crossed paths with had it not been for the website. I can assure you that there is no desire on anyone's part to lose what made the community great. What's made that Community great is all of its members. The only thing I take credit for is creating a mechanism to bring such an awesome group of people together. It's something I've always been proud of, and will continue to be proud of.

Through the years, I've had people offer to buy the website, but it never really felt right. Even when I haven't had much time to dedicate to it, it's always been an important part of who I am. When the time came to ask someone to help, I chose to ask Rocky because he's been like a brother to me for most of my life. I've known the man since I was 6 years old, and our fathers were best friends.

Rocky and I are committed to keeping what the site is and was. I think we have an opportunity to make it even better. Please be patient. We are still learning, and we will probably continue to learn.

-Micah
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Re: Sleep deprived ramblings from the founder

Postby GulfCoast » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:50 am

Good to see you posting again, Dr. Micah! :wink:
So many ducks, so little time....

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH (2005-2017)
HRCH Tipsy MH
Zsa-Zsa Puppy
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:40 am

yep glad to see you back
SB
Duck South Addict

Postby SB » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:25 pm

It is great to hear from you. I plan to be here for the duration and look forward to the future.
Scott Baker
mallardchaser
Duck South Addict

Postby mallardchaser » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:47 pm

Thanks.

I still check the site several times a day.
hillhunter
Duck South Addict

Postby hillhunter » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:01 pm

Thanks for creating the site. Been on here what seems like forever and still check in regularly. Without it, I probably would have made better grades in college, but there are some timeless laughs and threads that could never be recreated with the authenticity this place provided. I don't know many people on here personally but wouldn't hesitate to buy most anyone of them a beer if I knew they were standing next to me one day.
work hard, play hard
peewee
Duck South Addict

Postby peewee » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:15 am

I’ve been here quite a while. Made some dang good friends off this site. Looking forward to the future.
Peewee
hntrpat1
Duck South Addict

Postby hntrpat1 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:30 am

Rocky please don't start deleting posts.
feather
Veteran

Postby feather » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:25 am

Thanks Micah and Rocky...hope this survives
"Locked, cocked and ready to rock, doc"..Ted Nugent
mudsucker
Duck South Addict

Postby mudsucker » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:53 pm

You go, Doc! I have made a ton of friend on here(Real not internet) and was on the receiving end of "brothers" in this fraternity coming to my aid when straight line winds caused a big booty pine tree to fall on my house! I am here for them if they need my help because that is what we do. We buried one of the guys this year. Ronnie Johnson didn't know me from Adam and was new to Rankin Co. but came over on a wet cold night with his lovely wife to help me. Quality people are on here. Thanks for all you do...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Oh. You too Rocky! :lol:
Long Live the Black Democrat!
GEAUX LSU!
WHO DAT!
DO,DU AND DW!
feedcall
Duck South Addict

Postby feedcall » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:32 pm

Thank you. I actually have not been on in months but have been active since 2001. Thank you for keeping it in good hands. I have made many good friends and actually lost a few over the years from this site. It has been a great place to visit.
This is no longer a vacation, this is a quest, a quest for fun---Chevy Chase.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”