How to catch a thief Mississippi style

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
bulldog ducker
Duck South Addict

How to catch a thief Mississippi style

Postby bulldog ducker » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:35 am

Ok, so I live in Cypress Lake in Madison. Great area and never had a problem. Last night while I was getting ready to mop the floors (if you saw my floor install thread you will understand why I do this an nobody else) I heard what I thought was the kitchen trash can I sat in the garage fall over. Mind you I sat it out there 15 seconds before I heard the noise. I had just told my bride good night and hadent shut the bedroom door when I open the door to the garage. What I saw was a 6ish foot tall white boy hanging out my wifes car 4 feet from the doorway I was standing in. Now I have not grabbed my gun at this point but notice the fear in him when I confronted him verbally. Cwink will probably scald me for this but I chased him on foot and almost tackled him when I saw he had a lookout with him. That made me think better of it. I dropped back to 20 or 25 yards behind them and chased them for 1/4 mile or so. They then started jumping fences. I also had left the house with no cell phone and had not called 911. This hit me about my neighbors house of the chase. I started screaming at the top of my lungs HELP CALL 911 as I was running and MPD was call by multiple neighbors. They responded in 1-2 min. They never found them but I was convinced that they were sitting in someones back yard. I sat at the end of my driveway in a dark spot with my M&P and a streamlight and a cellphone this time. Suddenly someone appeared 3 houses down in the street but had not walked down the street to get there. I confronted him and he had a really bad story as to why he was there and what he was doing. He approached me and I made him aware that I was armed and not to take another step if he did not want me to show him I was armed. I the call the MPD and they had him in the back of the car immediately as they were still at the entrance of the neighborhood. He lied for about 20 min then broke down and admitted to being the look out and gave up his buddy. He had been hiding in the woods behind the neighborhood. They found him about 4am (I was still awake and felt like I could still bench press a house).

CWINK i need to get up with you to purchase another side arm. I need them in multiple LOCKED UP locations in my house.

Lock your cars and close your garages. I am the last to say this but damnit this is the time we live in.
HR Dutch Charles Sampson Bearden ( Charlie)
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Re: How to catch a thief Mississippi style

Postby Wildfowler » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:55 am

Mother scratcher!! I'm glad you didn't get bushwhacked by the lookout. Nobody has a plan for every scenario that can occur and I think you did admirably under the extremely difficult situation.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
cwink
Duck South Sponsor

Postby cwink » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:25 am

Man that is scary deal there.. About 6 months ago I started home carrying. I work out of my home so I used to just keep it in the lock box.. Now when I get up and get dressed in the morning it goes on my hip and then it stays there until I go to bed..

There are a couple of things you can do that will also help..

Keep your doors locked while you are inside..

Keep your garage door shut too..Mine has a timer that shuts the door in 10 minutes if left open..If my son goes outside he can put it on hold so it won't shut on him.. But I also have a keypad outside that he can open..

I'm glad they caught them!!! But situations like these can be learning experiences too. Just a couple of things to think about..

1. When you chased them down the street, was your wife aware of the threat, and did she have a firearm on her to protect herself after you left?

2. What if the 2nd guy or possibly a third guy rushed the house after you ran after the first guy?

3. When you went down the street to confront the guy, you could have easily wound up in a very difficult situation where you may have had to shoot him, and if you did, you would most likely have a very long lengthy and expensive legal battle on your hands.. If you left your property to pursue someone and then ended up shooting or killing them you would not have been covered by the Castle Law... It could have turned out to be the Zimmerman case all over again..

Glad it all turned out ok.. Holler at me if you need to "gun up" some more..
http://safefireshooting.com/
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them"
-George Washington
Smoke68
Duck South Addict

Postby Smoke68 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:54 am

"Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop" -Augustus McRae
quackerkiller
Veteran

Postby quackerkiller » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:25 pm

Brandon Thornton

"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.... A guns only enemies, are Obama and rust....."
umrebs
Regular

Postby umrebs » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:23 pm

bulldog ducker
Duck South Addict

Postby bulldog ducker » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:43 pm

Yep thats them... Lester is the one that was in my car. Kenny Straight was the one that was the lookout for my house. Straight is the one that I caught. He gave up Lester after alot of prodding by MPD. The interrogation took place in my driveway and was fun to watch.

I don't want to be mentioned in the news but there is alot wrong with that story...
eSJay
Duck South Addict

Postby eSJay » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:31 pm

"Sir, I never take a chance when shooting waterfowl...
I believe in hitting him very hard with big shot from a big gun....."

-Nash Buckingham
Hambone
Duck South Addict

Postby Hambone » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:33 pm

Dang, BD, take care of yourself...I don't want to have to find a new eye doctor! I'm sure glad it all worked out.
SB
Duck South Addict

Postby SB » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:58 pm

I'm glad they got caught, and I'm glad it went OK for you, bulldog ducker.

If you can find the time, you should follow their cases through the court system to insure it gets handle properly (they get what they deserve). I've seen cases get off lighter than what they should just because no one is keeping an eye on the process/system. I would advise being in the court and the prosecutor knowing who you are.
Scott Baker
3spop
Veteran

Postby 3spop » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:30 pm

Sorry that happened to you. Glad it worked out. Hope they throw the thugs away for a long while. I know the way you felt I've felt it myself. Its hard to describe and training is great but that feeling can't be simulated. Adrenaline does crazy things to you.
bulldog ducker
Duck South Addict

Postby bulldog ducker » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:51 pm

Yea I need to bottle the adrenaline stuff... I woke up at 630 Tuesday morning and haven been to sleep since. Honestly not really tired now.
champcaller
Duck South Addict

Postby champcaller » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:23 pm

I bet that was intense! Good done on stopping who knows how many more break ins.
Achilles' Man in Black - CashMH

www.frontlinewaterfowl.com
Deadeye
Duck South Addict

Postby Deadeye » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:44 am

It's a crying shame you didn't get the chance to pull thug out out your vehicle by his ankles and commence to beating the ever living crap out of him on the garage floor... then hog tying said thug while still lying in his pool of blood and waiting for the police. Once police arrived and interview started, it would have gone like this:

Officer - Bulldog, what happened in here, looks like a hog got slaughtered...
Bulldog - Yeah officer, he slipped getting out of the car and must have bumped his head on the concrete. You know how those head wounds bleed...
Officer - Damn that's a lot of blood coming from his nose, must of bumped it while being hog tied.
Bulldog - Yep, I saw him bump his nose on the floor, he squealed and I laughed...
Officer - Damn! He's gonna feel them knots for a couple weeks...
Bulldog - Yeah, he's nuts gonna be swoll too... I accidentally stepped on them when he was rolling on the floor...
Officer - Damn, makes mine hurt.
Bulldog - lol

Dead
I ain't a veternarian, but I know a horses booty when I see one!
Deltamud77
Duck South Addict

Postby Deltamud77 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:56 am

Return to “General Discussion Forum”