Instacure #1

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
pondman
Duck South Addict

Instacure #1

Postby pondman » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:37 pm

I am about to try my hand at making jerky. Does anyone know where I can buy Instacure, or does anyone have a tablespoon they will donate to the cause?

Thanks,

Pond
"That's the one trouble with this country: everything, weather, all, hangs on to long. Like our rivers, our land: opaque, slow, violent; shaping and creating the life of man in its implacable and brooding image." William Faulkner
southdeltan
Veteran

Re: Instacure #1

Postby southdeltan » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:18 pm

pondman
Duck South Addict

Postby pondman » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:26 am

SD,

Thanks. I will look into it at Bass Pro. I also thought about Rebel Butcher Supply. They have it as well. A small package is about $3.00. Since this is a first attempt and I only need a small amount I'm going to stay away from the $13.00 package.

Pond
"That's the one trouble with this country: everything, weather, all, hangs on to long. Like our rivers, our land: opaque, slow, violent; shaping and creating the life of man in its implacable and brooding image." William Faulkner
teul2
Duck South Addict

Postby teul2 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:19 am

You have my curiosity peaked.
What is the purpose of this stuff?
Looking for 2 duck calls from Dominic Serio of Greenwood (ones for Novacaine)
"Most Chesapeakes, unless in agreement that it is his idea, will continually question the validity of what he is being asked to do" - Butch Goodwin
pondman
Duck South Addict

Postby pondman » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:53 pm

Its a preservative. Insurance against botulism. I found a recipe by Hank Shaw for jerky that looks really good that I am going to try in the next couple of weeks. The recipe calls for it and since this is my first time making jerky from whole muscles (rather than ground meat) I thought it would not be a good idea to start freestyling just yet.

Pond
pondman
Duck South Addict

Postby pondman » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:24 pm

PSA -- If you every need anything related to meat processing, preserving or smoking go to Rebel Butcher Supply Company. Great people and great service.

That is all.

Pond
Dux Be Us
Duck South Addict

Postby Dux Be Us » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:52 pm

I'm wanting to try to make duck or deer prosciutto :wink:
" You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
iron grip
Duck South Addict

Postby iron grip » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:11 pm

If you don't need it right now I will give you some in @ 3 weeks...

Rebel butcher supply highway 80 pearl. Got er'thing a curing, smoking, processing man needs. And then some.

Can't tell it, but this has some instacure in it..

At times there is not a satisfactory substitute for well-aimed lead going down range at high velocity.
-Jim Rawles

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us!
pondman
Duck South Addict

Postby pondman » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:20 pm

Grip,

Thanks, but I'm good right now. I just finished up my first batch. 7 pounds of sliced hindquarter, just got turned into jerky. If you need a recipe try Hank Shaw's Chipotle Venison Jerky. It is very good. If this goes as fast as I think it will, I will be in touch.

Pond

Return to “General Discussion Forum”