WIFI and Dial Up

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Re: WIFI and Dial Up

Postby MudHog » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:29 pm

Sunpro Solar is the companies name and they are out of New Orleans. The overall cost is much more, but that is where the tax credits coke in. I will call my buddy tomorrow to get the particulars on the tax credits and how it works.
"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero
MudHog
Duck South Sponsor

Re: WIFI and Dial Up

Postby MudHog » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:51 pm

OK, so these are the particulars I've found.

You finance the full amount with the finance company. In my buddies case, $27,700.00, which was the cost of the full solar install. This $27,700 is financed for 18 months same as cash. LA tax credit is $12,500 and Federal tax credit is 30% of your income tax payment. Here is the kicker. If the 30% puts you under your amount financed, you have to pay the balance to not accrue interested. However, you claim the Federal tax credit the following year (2nd income tax filing). So, the best way to do this, and is how it accidently happened with my buddy, is you do the solar install during the last half of the year. This will allow you to get 2 income tax filings within the 18 months same as cash timeframe if needed.

I tried looking up MS tax information, but appears that MS does not have residential tax breaks. Only Industrial or Commerical. There appears to be some type of offering for residential, but mentions ag as a type of requirement.
"I hear they are developing a new fighter specially for fighting in the middle east. It's called the F-U!" - crow, Aug. 2008

Member FLHC

Lane Romero

Return to “General Discussion Forum”