Waterfowl USA Shoot Report

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Postby GulfCoast » Sun Jul 22, 2001 7:13 am

The first annual Waterfowl USA Sporting Clays Tournament was held Saturday, July 20, 2001 at the Willows Sporting Clays complex in Tunica, Mississippi.

The shoot was organized and administrated by MSDucks own DeltaDuck, and had over 40 shooters for the initial fundraising shoot and formation of the North Mississippi Waterfowlers Chapter. Very nice targets, mostly double trapped true pairs. Only a couple of "choke stretcher" targets, most inside of 40 yards, with lots of dropping and looping targets. Very nice. The shoot attracted an even mix of NSCA tournament shooters and hunters. There was plenty of ice water to beat the heat index, and it is always a pleasure to work with the trappers/scoreres at the Willows, who REALLY want you to have a good time.

Congratulations to DeltaDuck for tieing for 1st after the main draw with an 88. He finished tied with 2 Master Class NSCA shooters, although he eventually lost in a shootoff, and finished 3rd, he stayed in with the bigsharks for 13 shots before elimination, finishing in 3rd place overall. Allan Crump won the shoot, and the F.I.T.A.S.C. tounament that was also run on the side. DeltaDuck also won "B" class, GC finished 7th overall, and won "D" by a good margin (luck). DD and GC tied the F.I.T.A.S.C., but did not finish in the money, since Crump only dropped 2 F.I.T.A.S.C. targets (get that guy outta here!). Given that F.I.T.A.S.C. targets are designed to make you say "oh Sxxx!", Crumps only dropping 2 was ice water viens shooting of the highest order.

We also had the pleasure of meeting the delightful Mrs. DD, and MSDUCKS/DeltaDuckHunters.com's own Webfoot was there as well, showing off his always impressive duck hunting related graphics design work. He does absolutely first class stuff.

Congratulations again to DD and the Willows for putting on a first class shoot. Y'all make plans to attend next year, or you will be sorry!
SCOOTER

Postby SCOOTER » Sun Jul 22, 2001 8:02 am

good shooting fellows,i have been at the hillbilly open all weekend, today the 410 should really be good. delta duck and gc when will yall be in tupelo again, theres a sporting clay shoot this coming weekend here.
judge jb
Duck South Addict

Postby judge jb » Sun Jul 22, 2001 2:23 pm

looks like we need to chip in and get DeltaDuck fixed up with some MSDUCKS attire.... the hat, shirt, vest and shootin glasses... his ability to shoot well represents us well... i'll claim him as a friend and fellow hunter anytime....haha... way to go DD... we are proud of you!!!!

judge jb

PS. hey Scooter, wonder if they have a class for shooters like me ?????
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Postby GulfCoast » Sun Jul 22, 2001 7:00 pm

Folks are trying to get me to come up for that. I am not sure my truck wants to trek to North MS for 3 weekends in a row for shoots. I dunno...
Delta Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby Delta Duck » Sun Jul 22, 2001 7:04 pm

Thanks, Fellows
We had a good time, Special thanks to GC and Webfoot for making the long drive.

Scooter ya'll are having the NWTF shoot this weekend and I'll be there. I would like to encourage anyone with a shotgun to come join the fun. You do not have to love the sport as I do to come shoot. The hunter class is the hunter class. It will be fun for everyone. Main event starts Sat. morning.

I hope to see you Sat. Scooter. I know GC would not miss it.
mottlet
Duck South Addict

Postby mottlet » Tue Jul 24, 2001 8:39 am

GC....just wondering why you were still an NSCA D class shooter? not sandbaggin' are ya? j/k, but how many more punches do you need to move up?

mottlet
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Postby GulfCoast » Tue Jul 24, 2001 5:09 pm

I am in "D" just because I don't shoot that many registered targets after I tore my shoulder up. Then most of the local tournaments don't have enough shooters to get you many punches. Depending on how the NSCA counts last weekend, I am probably punched up to "C". I have been the subject of more than one "classification protest" which I take as a complement most of the time. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Delta Duck
Duck South Addict

Postby Delta Duck » Tue Jul 24, 2001 7:29 pm

GC,

You will not get a punch for last weekend. You will be able to shoot in the NWTF this Sat. in D class. Last weekend you out shot 2 A class shooters and all of the C class shooters. I will give you your other case of shell's this weekend.

Check e-mail
webfoot
Duck South Addict

Postby webfoot » Tue Jul 24, 2001 7:37 pm

And, What do I get? [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
GulfCoast
Duck South Addict

Postby GulfCoast » Wed Jul 25, 2001 6:27 pm

Ouch. That is all I gotta say [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Return to “General Discussion Forum”