rain gear - frogg toggs

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
DeltaCotton12
Duck South Addict

rain gear - frogg toggs

Postby DeltaCotton12 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:58 am

Very mixed reviews across the interwebs regarding them. Some love them while others have had issues. Most popular complaints seem to be seems ripping in the arms. And the compliments say they are light and comfortable. Anyone use them?
Wildfowler
Duck South Addict

Re: rain gear - frogg toggs

Postby Wildfowler » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:33 am

I have a set of those, I don't think I've ripped them but I still seem to get wet. Come to think of it, I always seem to get wet anytime I stay for an extended period in the rain regardless of the type of rain gear I'm wearing.
driven every kind of rig that's ever been made, driven the backroads so I wouldn't get weighed. - Lowell George
novacaine
Duck South Addict

Postby novacaine » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:17 pm

I love mine.
Got a pair last year to go to Canada............all day in a driving rain and they kept me dry. Used them all last year hunting and broke them out a few fridays ago at
a hs football game. It was raining sideways all night long and i never was even slightly damp.
Best rain gear for the money.

The only drawback i have found is the snaps of the hood sometimes won't stay fastened but i figured out the problem...........
my big ol fat head causes that.
I only wish i could get them in Nat Gear......
"You didn't happen to find that on the side of the road did you?"- One Shot
southernvaughan
Duck South Addict

Postby southernvaughan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:37 am

I've got a couple sets and love them!! First ones I had I thought ain't no way these will stay dry! I put them on and got in the shower and stayed dry as a bone!!
bhuggins
Veteran

Postby bhuggins » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:18 pm

My only complaint about the Frogg Toggs is there is no pocket in the jacket of mine. Newer versions may have one. I guess the lack of a pocket keeps the jacket from leaking but I hate having to stand in the rain and not have a pocket to put my hands in.

Other than that, very light weight and no leaks so far.
donia
Duck South Addict

Postby donia » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:48 pm

Experience is a freakin' awesome teacher...
OBoykin
Regular

Postby OBoykin » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:54 pm

When I first got mine I snagged the arm on a bob wire fence, put some duct tape on the inside and it's held great for 2 years and counting. Better than a rain suit because it wads up small in a draw string bag and will be cool in hot weather and just dress accordingly for cold.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”