Ask DS braintrust Ecoboost vs 5.0/console vs flip up console

This forum is for general discussion that doesn't fit in the other topic-specific forums.
Deltaduk
Veteran

Re: Ask DS braintrust Ecoboost vs 5.0/console vs flip up con

Postby Deltaduk » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:07 pm

Wow barq's that was a wealth of info. Thanks
HEADSHOT
Regular

Postby HEADSHOT » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:52 pm

I have a 2013 with the 5.0 I have loved it so far I get 15.5 mpg on the farm and about 17.2 on the hwy I have the fold up console and its fine but wish I had the bucket seats
rjohnson
Duck South Addict

Postby rjohnson » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:59 am

Have the 5.0 and get about 15-15.5 city and about 17-17.5 on the highway. I would think with mostly highway driving and occasional hauling the Ecoboost would be the most beneficial for you. Now when I bought mine there was a $2500 swing up in price to get the Ecoboost. There was a $1500 rebate for the 5.0 you lose and the Ecoboost was about $1000 more than the 5.0. Now I have seen $9000 in rebates on the trucks at Gray Daniels in Brandon so I don't know what they have going on now. You shouldn't beat yourself up much over the motor as either one will be probably be fine for you. I have the center console with the heated and cooled bucket seats. There is plenty of room in the backseat for kids. Make yourself comfy and skip the fold up bench seat.
Barq's
Veteran

Postby Barq's » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:23 am

No prob....Getting back to the best deal times....Most dealerships won't just "receive" new vehicles if they don't move their stock and the reason that comes into play is due to the new models coming out.
Dealers are more inclined to have "losers" on paper to get last years models off of their lots....Hence, no one wants to go to a lot with old inventory or a limited inventory.

On the subject of trade-ins....book your own vehicle in the NADA guide and find out what it's worth prior to leaving the house...Don't tell the salesman/woman that you know what your vehicle is "worth" because again, you are showing your cards and it really doesn't matter what you think it's worth, the only thing that matters is the actual numbers on the paper.

If you have a desirable trade (a vehicle that's flashy or in really good shape) there is a good chance that one of the salesman has someone that's looking for one. If it is a good trade-in, you will see better numbers because in all actuality, most of the money made in "profit" comes from selling used cars. I know that the last 3 or 4 vehicles my Dad traded were sold within a couple of phone calls by the same salesman that sold him a new one.

Again, it is best to act dumb all the way to the end of the last # being put on paper...See what they are willing to do, ask for sometime to look over those numbers and discuss it with your spouse....When they leave you to look over it, take a picture with your phone for future reference. Most dealers won't let you leave with anything w their logo and anything specific on it that you could use as leverage at another dealership....If you have a picture of their numbers you have a severe upper hand at another dealership with an apple to apple deal.

One other thing....Call the dealership prior to going and ask them to email you a current list of all their salesman's names....Find out if you happen to know someone there prior to stepping foot on the lot. If you do, call them on the phone and set-up an appointment to meet with them. The reason being is, the last thing you want to do is walk on the lot and get stuck with some butthole you have no relationship with, while your friends kid or neighbor loses money because you took the first person that walked up to you.

In the business, the first handshake gets 90% of the deals...I know because I lost at least 20 vehicles my first month due to my friends not knowing that I worked there.....Talk about disheartening. One of my buddy's owns a water company and came in and bought 7 vehicles on one day and all I could do was sit and shoot the bull with him about fishing, while some guy that didn't know him make about 10,000....I didn't get a penny and I entertained him all day....Just some tips
St.
southernvaughan
Duck South Addict

Postby southernvaughan » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:27 pm

Barqs I got something on paper today. Looks pretty good. The guy told me the rebates would be expiring the end of this month and claimed they wouldn't have anymore rebates coming out this year. You think that's crap?
ScottyLee
Duck South Addict

Postby ScottyLee » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:34 pm

just to echo something bart mentioned in financing. do the homework yourself.

Just because you get 0% doesn't mean you got the best deal. just know some finance companies include GAP (or their form of debt cancellation) while most of the dealer financing companies finances an additional premium in your loan.

sometimes a 2.5 % financing elsewhere and bringing cash to the dealership is a better deal than their 0% becuase you get an additional rebate instead of using their financing.
Barq's
Veteran

Postby Barq's » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:29 pm

yes......it's crap....they will have the same or better rebates next month and november. He isn't lying to a degree because he truly doesn't know what's coming out next month, but they will come out and they will be as good, if not better. Reason again is due to moving the last models....Now, the problem is, with each week, this years models are being sold, so the choices are getting slimmer. if you want to shoot me what you have send it to:

sbarq1@yahoo.com
Barq's
Veteran

Postby Barq's » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:31 pm

thing about rebates is that it doesn't hurt to put them out there if the selection isn't there....You won't see any kind of rebate on 2014 models until about march of next year...and honestly, they probably won't rebate any 2014 until just about all of the 2013's are completely off the lots.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”